Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Verso T180 problems

Johno79

Hi people, 

I bought this car about 3 months ago, bought it with full service history, its had a replacement engine fitted by Toyota 4 years ago which no has just under 40k miles on it, vehicle has 93k in total. Obviously I thought I had bought a good one and paid a slight premium for it in my opinion based on its history, also travelled a 500 mile round trip to go get it. So I was extremely upset when the DPF light illuminated under 1000 miles after buying it, so instead of fitting a new cat, after reading about all the problems with them, I decided to gut it and fit an emulator. This has obviously stopped the DPF problem from ever happening again so I thought this would cure the pitiful fuel economy and severe lack of power. I was wrong!!! I have no idea what to try next except getting rid of what seems like a piece of **** car! I do like the idea of the car, inside is great, DVD for kids etc. But I cant put up with both things being so bad, ie bad fuel economy and lack of power. I have tried  a lindop tuning box on it and it made basically no difference, so either the tuning box was faulty, or the engine in my car just wont allow it to be any faster or more fuel efficient. As a side note in 4th gear I tried to redline the car to give it a clearout so to speak, it would not go past 4k rpm???? and I held full throttle for about twenty seconds after it got to 4k rpm, very strange. The car also lists no faults from diagnostics, I work for a company called taxiworld and the techs cant figure out the problem either, although they have admitted they are not familiar with that engine. 

So can anyone shed any light at all on my problems? Or is it time to pass it on to someone else? As i dont see why I should have to take the dairy of this car being very disappointing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Cheers

John