Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Griding noise from Yaris T Sport engine

j1234

Hi all

I've had my 2003 T sport for about a month now and I've noticed a grinding noise coming from the engine. It sounds kind of like metal-on-metal scraping and it happens when I press the accelerator, it doesn't seem to get louder with the rpm. It also doesn't happen while sitting in neutral and revving the engine, it only happens in gear and when I'm actually driving. It's definitely coming from the engine because if you dip the clutch it goes away. It seems to happen in any gear and any rpm but only when you're touching the accelerator. Sometimes when you're downshifting and the car is coming down the revs without touching the accelerator you'll hear a grinding but if you touch the pedal just slightly it goes away.

I've had an oil change with 5w30 fully synth and I've had all of my heatshields checked and everything seems to be good. My local garage couldn't find anything with the car up on the ramp but could hear it while driving it out on the road.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I'd love to get it fixed. Thanks.

Clutch release bearing?

4 hours ago, mrpj said:

Clutch release bearing?

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, if it was the clutch release bearing, would the noise not appear when pushing in the clutch, not when it's released and I'm accelerating?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links