Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 1.8 2ZR-FAE intake manifold

Nakki

Hi,

I have a loss power issue with my 2011 Toyota Avensis T27 1.8 2ZR-FAE engine at sometimes. No fault codes appeared. Suddenly the engine lose power at low rpm (- 4500rpm). Most often the problem occurs after long idle or engine braking. Most of the time I don't note the problem.

I found out the vacuum actuator leaks. When is soak up the actuator moves litlle bit but if I blow the actuator leaks. I think that if I would soak up stronger it would leak.

Has anyone had the same problem, or do you know is it possible to open the actuator and fix the vacuum? What happens if I take the cover of the actuator off and how should it be taken? I'm pretty sure that the actuator is part of the intake manifold and not sold separately.

The intake manifold number is 1028856S01. See attached pic.

Thanks!

intakemanifold.png

If the leak is external, try to use a sealant to see if that works. If not, get e replacement manifold. If you are confident about taking apart your vacuum actuator, you can try and fix it.

Thanks for your support. I took the cap off without tools and it was easy, just pull away. The vacuum wasn't broken. It was only a bit out of place and leaked only in some positions. I reassembled the actuator with rubber grease and the leak stopped. Now Avensis runs well.

Most often I felt the power loss when accelerating after turning in low speed with 2nd gear or in the hill. Also jerky acceleration.

IMG_20170522_174019.jpg

IMG_20170522_174133.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The vacuum is fixed and no leaks anymore. Still the problem occurs. Not every day but always after using the cruise or speed limit. The engine stall / jerks on the acceleration until the rpms over 4000. After driving 10 minutes it will be fine.

• 11 months later...

Hi Nakki

Did you get this solved? (I have the exact same problem)

• 3 years later...

How did you update ecu

Same problem rev goes down and jumps back up, rough running

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links