Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wish list to Toyota

martin68

Definitely some pun points earned there. :biggrin: But anyway, enough small torque...

The dealer told me (and of course dealers are always right :wink:) that the ICE in the HSD is particularly efficient, by dint of the Atkinson cycle thingummyjig... but agreed, it struggles with a heavy load and (as per previous my whinge above) has pretty woeful performance going up hills, which soon takes a massive chunk out of the MPG (although I've no idea how that uphill consumption compares with say a standard petrol, or turbo diesel or petrol).

One other thing for the wish list by the way... bring back auto window switches for passenger windows. My old Corolla T2 had auto for driver and front passenger (manual rear) so I was surprised to find this step backwards on the Auris. What's that all about? Pretty desperate if it's cost cutting, and plain petty if it's a trim upgrade incentive. OK, grumble over.

3 hours ago, CurranShelter said:

The dealer told me (and of course dealers are always right :wink:) that the ICE in the HSD is particularly efficient,

Afaik the one in the latest Prius is 40% thermally efficient (much more efficient than most petrols) whereas the latest turbodiesels are ~ 44%.