Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Boot Open Warning

neil1508

Please can anyone point me in the direction of how to fix a boot (tailgate) warning that keeps pinging on? 

The boot is definitely shut (locked even) but the warning 'pings' and shows on the dashboard display pretty much every time I turn a corner or go over a bump. It's driving me mad!

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

At a guess, I would look at the door switch or lock system. If not an auto electrician or somebody with Toyota TIS diagnostics might be able to find out what is causing the door open message. The car has pinpointed the tailgate or boot is not closed, so narrowed it down. Also check earthing and connections.

On my old carina there was a metal trigger type thing with a little black plastic stopper on it. which the boot would press down on when u shut the boot lid. The plastic stopper wud wear out and the boot lid wud't make correct contact and thus leave the - door open light on - on the car dashboard. I bent the trigger up a little bit with pliers. So the boot lid would hit the trigger and put light out. If that makes sense. Worth a look anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Neil1508

My Wife's 2010 Tourer has just developed the same issue. Did you manage to sort and if so how. Any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks

The OP hasn't returned to the forums since first posting this thread. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links