Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Mirrors

dac0609

Just bought an Auris, nice car, fairly low mileage but the drivers door mirror casing is broken. Anybody know how to replace one.

The usual way is to prise the mirror glass out carefully - it should just pop out if you get something like a wooden spatula under it. (Hint: adjust the mirror alignment so that it's turned as far as possible towards the car - it gives you a bigger gap to access.) 

Then you'll find two or maybe three screws which hold the various parts of the mirror Shell assembly onto the mirror chassis. Undo those and the casing will come away.

It's up to you whether you replace with a kosher Toyota Shell or with a £15 pattern part from eBay. I've used the latter (on the wife's Golf), and it was perfect, though of course I had to spray it myself. Come back if you need any help on that score.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links