Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Orbital/Sheet Sander or Random Oribital/Circular Sander for removing paint?

mickburkesnr

I'm planning some work on the bodywork of my Corolla, as down the one side of the car the paint has been scratched and needs to be resprayed. As the car is a gloss white, I'm quite confident I can do a fairly good job at a colour match along with a competent job on the clear coat too. I plan on sanding the paint back, doing some filling where needed to remove the rust after I sand it all.

I have one of these 1/3 sheet sanders which I bought a year ago when I bought the house I'm in, and I was planning to do the sanding on the car using it. However, I was watching an episode of Car S.O.S and I noticed that Fuzz was using a random orbital sander. Then once I noticed it in the episode, I noticed he only uses the random orbital sander when doing body work. Same with Edd China on Wheeler Dealers.

So I'm wondering whether I should stump up the cash for an orbital sander to do the body work, or is there not much difference in using a sheet sander like the one I've got?

Anyone got any advice?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links