Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grainy (?) conversation over the bluetooth Toyota Touch

kokkios

Hi guys. I have a Samsung S4 and a brand new Moto G5. Connected both and the sound quality of my telephone conversations is bad with both phones. The other person on the line can hear me ok but i on the other hand get an intermittent voice. It cuts out continuously in small bursts. Connected my brothers OnePlus3 and sound is ok. Does anyone else have this problem ?    

Anyone? Forgot to say the car is a 2017 Rav4 

I don't have your car, phone or system, but I would try adjusting the phones bluetooth volume whilst it is connected. The bluetooth volume is only available during bluetooth connection, so you cannot adjust it any other way. It sounds from your description, that the anti-feedback system is a bit too sensitive, so adjusting the phones volume may help.  

Looking at Toyotas softare updates there is nothing specific to the S4 & G5 but there are possible software updates that might help, what software is your headunit running?

To find the software version press Settings> general> system information 

On 5/27/2017 at 4:27 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Looking at Toyotas softare updates there is nothing specific to the S4 & G5 but there are possible software updates that might help, what software is your headunit running?

To find the software version press Settings> general> system information 

My software version is 01015B

Is there a list of all the fully compatible phones with the Toyota Touch 2? I am thinking of giving my selling my Moto G5 to a friend and buying the Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)

4 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

No Navigation. The button is physically there but there is no navigation

I found this list. Weirdly enough when i searched the Samsung S4 and the Moto G5 there is no information about call quality or if they have compatibiity issues. They seem to be compatible according to the list

Just checked there are no updates purely for the head unit only for when Go Nav is installed

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Just checked there are no updates purely for the head unit only for when Go Nav is installed

ok mate. Thanks

QUICK UPDATE

Changed from the Moto G5 to Samsung Galaxy A3 and it now works flawlessly. It seems to be some kind of bluetooth "protocοl" issue preventing some phones from getting a clear phone call quailty

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links