Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel tuning box

Insadi1

New Toyota auris 1.6 BMW engine 2017 model

lindop toyota offer a tuning box from a German company called speed buster 

the box increases bhp  torque and fuel consumption controlled via app on iPhone or similar

has anyone any experience of these ?

Lindop are one of Toyota Owners Club's sponsors and have been supplying chip kits for as variety of models for a number of years - 

Should be plenty of positive feedback on the kits in general on the forums - Rav4, Auris, Avensis, Verso, etc - and a forum search should give you an insight.

Yeah, they sell boxes for Toyota engines which have generally been well received and praised; Haven't read about anyone using on for a BMW engine yet tho', the BMW engines are still pretty new so there isn't much info floating about the forum regarding them.

Given the current trend away from new diesels, I think there'll be precious few owners to glean info off sadly...

Hey, if you live near to them, maybe they can loan you one for a writeup on the website! *wink wink PartsKing*

I took the plunge and ordered one it will be here next week

ill let everyone know how it ends up

k&n filter arrived today fitted in seconds 

that's one thing I'll not need to spend money on replacing

• Like 1

Nice :)
Look forward to seeing how you get on; This kind of feedback is what keeps the forum alive!

Hi Insadi1 I have also 1.6 D-4D and I'm very interested about yours experience with the Auris and the tuning box so keep inform as ...

btw what is yours mpg ?

Well around town it's giving me 46 mpg

with the box on 53 mpg

still concerned about millight when I get to70 mph waiting to hear reply from parts king

tuning box feels great though

just hope the issue with light is resolved don't really want to send box back kinda like the extra torque

• 2 weeks later...

Got replacement tuning box app version today from John at lindrop Toyota what a nice guy very helpfull and pleasant to deal with

plugged in box less than ten mins installed app on my iPhone 

Will let you know how it feels when I get a chance to test it out but that won't be till I'm back from hospital going in for an op on my shoulder tomorrow damn frozen shoulder 

still im looking forward to testing it out

i have used tunit boxes in the past and they have been great never had a mil light on

in the 2 years of using it.

On 14/06/2017 at 10:37 PM, Insadi1 said:

Got replacement tuning box app version today from John at lindrop Toyota what a nice guy very helpfull and pleasant to deal with

plugged in box less than ten mins installed app on my iPhone 

Will let you know how it feels when I get a chance to test it out but that won't be till I'm back from hospital going in for an op on my shoulder tomorrow damn frozen shoulder 

still im looking forward to testing it out

Ok I'm extremely happy with chip from partaking at lindrop Toyota 

i like switching to direness modes of power via app on my phone 

eco mode around town stop start mpg 56.4

sport mode similar figures but on long drive ave 72.4 mpg

sport plus mode awesome torque rarely change gear long run being lithfooted mpg

looking forward to 1600 mile trip to Italy soon on sport plus mode up over alps fully laden and roof box will be interesting to see what I'll get

Wow thats impressive results!!

Keep us informed on your trip results :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very impressive economy figures indeed.

I have a SR180 but fuel economy did not improve with a tuning chip - I get 36mpg if I drive her nicely.  The performance has not hugely improved either, might just whack the setting to max!

Many moons ago I used a tuning chip on a 1.9 CDTI Astra and that added more to the potency than it did to the SR180 economy remained the same but the acceleration was something else 60-80mph in 4 seconds I believe.

13 minutes ago, Turbutch said:

I have a SR180 but fuel economy did not improve with a tuning chip - I get 36mpg if I drive her nicely.  The performance has not hugely improved either, might just whack the setting to max!

What chip did you have? 

The way the chip works is that because you have more torque (about 25% with our kits) you do not have to be up and down the gearbox all the time, so with the better torque, it is entirely possible to get better MPG just by learning to use the extra torque. If you drive it like you stole it, you wont see any improvement. 

It is difficult to give specifics on MPG because will all drive differently and under different conditions, but anecdotally my customers tell me they get between 3 and 6 MPG better economy

Kingo :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

What chip did you have? 

The way the chip works is that because you have more torque (about 25% with our kits) you do not have to be up and down the gearbox all the time, so with the better torque, it is entirely possible to get better MPG just by learning to use the extra torque. If you drive it like you stole it, you wont see any improvement. 

It is difficult to give specifics on MPG because will all drive differently and under different conditions, but anecdotally my customers tell me they get between 3 and 6 MPG better economy

I have a Lindop chip.

I do use the extra torque but on setting 6 I wouldn't say it has transformed the performance that radically.  In 5th and 6th gears the torque band feels noticeably narrow perhaps 1.8k to 3k rpm.  There isn't much point trying to force the engine to rev beyond this.  Maybe this has encouraged me to drive her nicely!

The torque curve is very tall (a narrow band) on the T180, the turbo starts to spool up at about 1500 RPM and MAX torque occurs at 2400 RPM so revving past this does not give you any more torque. You should certainly be feeling the extra power though?? Do not turn it up past number 7, it will be OK in this warmer weather but when the cold damp air arrives in Autumn it could cause the EML light to come on

4 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

The torque curve is very tall (a narrow band) on the T180, the turbo starts to spool up at about 1500 RPM and MAX torque occurs at 2400 RPM so revving past this does not give you any more torque. You should certainly be feeling the extra power though?? Do not turn it up past number 7, it will be OK in this warmer weather but when the cold damp air arrives in Autumn it could cause the EML light to come on

Thanks for the heads up Kingo.  I would have assumed cold air (perhaps not the damp bit) would yield more power so could get away with a higher setting compared to summer?

Sure, the torque is only going to deminish revving past 2400rpm but I would have expected it to be gradual and then perhaps sharply tailor off after 4k rpm.  The car simply doesn't shift like how a 200bhp mid size car should do.  Last month it had a decent service and economy improved by 10% which is good but performance feels the same.

8 minutes ago, Turbutch said:

Thanks for the heads up Kingo.  I would have assumed cold air (perhaps not the damp bit) would yield more power so could get away with a higher setting compared to summer?

Not quite. The ECU detects very high fuel pressure in cold damp conditions, and in order to protect the engine, the box puts the car into limp mode. This is exactly what it is supposed to do, so not a fault, but just protecting the engine. Look at the top purple line in the left hand pane of the image, see how the torque tails off after 2400 RPM

334610924_o.jpg

Thanks for the graphs Kingo.  3.6k rpm where peak power is achieved you can see torque pretty much falling off a cliff from that point on as I expected (well I had hoped this would happen 500rpm later but oh well).  One day I might take the car to a rolling road but I still doubt it will make 200bhp let alone 212bhp as your graph shows.  What do the other lines represent, the red line looks like performance as standard?

Do you think it's worth me considering changing the SCV?  Without resorting to nitrous or removing all the seats and doors from the car I don't know how else to make it more efficient or feel 200bhp like!

Peak BHP at 3.6 BUT torque at 2.4K. Red lines are standard performance. Look at standard BHP, it's only 167 NOT 180 as you would have hoped for

I don't think you have issues with SCV, doubt it

True, but I'm not going to be winning any launches off at the traffic lights by changing up at peak torque though.

I think I need one of those expensive Racelogic Vbox's to show me my in gear acceleration times to teach me when to shift up!  It's going to vary between peak torque and peak power depending on the gear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links