Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Derek birmingham freesport

Dereklad

Hello people im new and been a toyota owner for 13 years..

im from birmingham and joined this forum as ive got a car dilema..

ive owner a 1995 rav 4 freesport for 13 years and must say its solid..

ive been toying with a cost saving idea,basically buy a toyota aygo and benefit from cheaper bills..

has anyone here actually downgraded like that and how do you feel about the decision you made,was it worth it..

glad to be onboard 😬

IMG_1072.JPG

Hello Derek - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Although not quite the same, I downsized last year from running an Auris sized car, to an Aygo. We run two cars, and basically didn't need two cars of the size we had. No regrets. We use the larger car for when we go on holiday, longer runs, etc, and the Aygo for knocking around. 

Need to accept that some things won't be as good - refinement, etc - but they can be countered by other things - economy, nimbleness, etc.

• Like 1

I think you'd find it a bit gutless compared to the RAV (I'd love for them to put the new 1.2 turbo that's in the Auris into it :naughty:) but they are much more fun to throw round corners :)

Save a helluva lot of money on fuel and tax too! (Well, unless you buy a new-new one, then you're getting hit up for £140 instead of £20...)

• Like 1

Yes thats exacley the dilema im in..

and having looking moore into it this morning its looking worse..

at the minite i pay £235 a year road tax and all the adverts ive seen for aygos state £20 or free for the year road tax..

but i read an article about road tax and would i be right to assume the aygo tax will go upto £120 in the first year and £140 thereafter  Under the new tax laws from 1 April 😒

Im looking for a second hand aygo by the way..

The April VED revisions only apply to new cars first registered on or after 1st April 2017. If you're looking at a used Aygo, as long as the first registration date is before 1st April 2017, it will currently be under the previous VED system.

For example:

the first generation Aygo (2006-2014) will have a VED of either £0 or £20, depending on the model and year;

the second generation Aygo (2014 onwards), if first registered before 1st April 2017, will have a VED rate of £0;

the second generation Aygo (2014 onwards), if first registered on or after 1st April 2017, will have a VED rate of £120 for the first year, and £140 for each subsequent year.

Remember that the above are current rates - the government may make changes to VED rates in the future.

• Like 1

Im on the autotrader website and was trying to get a part exange..im having trouble getting a valuation on my car because its a jap import..why cant i get an import car valuation..

Think it depends on the travelling you do.

The smaller car is alright around the city, but when it gets to the motorway or country lanes you will start to notice the difference in comfort from your Rav 4.

While it's nice to save money, it's nice to be comfortable too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dereklad said:

Im on the autotrader website and was trying to get a part exange..im having trouble getting a valuation on my car because its a jap import..why cant i get an import car valuation..

Because valuations are based on CAP or Glasses guide, and import cars are not on the database

• Like 1

Ok thanks chaps..im betting i wont get a part exange at a garage either..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links