Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newby looking for help please.

Oggs

Hi guys I'm new to this but looking for some help with a strange rattle that has appeared on my 2009 Aygo Blue. I have owned the car for 5 years and its done around 45000 miles. Just recently I have noticed what sounds like a metallic rattle coming from the front of the car when I turn left most notably but also less so when turning right! Its not a grinding rumble like a wheel bearing and is not present when going straight and stops as soon as you straighten the steering after turning! Any help much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Oggs said:

Hi guys I'm new to this but looking for some help with a strange rattle that has appeared on my 2009 Aygo Blue. I have owned the car for 5 years and its done around 45000 miles. Just recently I have noticed what sounds like a metallic rattle coming from the front of the car when I turn left most notably but also less so when turning right! Its not a grinding rumble like a wheel bearing and is not present when going straight and stops as soon as you straighten the steering after turning! Any help much appreciated.

Does it stop when you apply the brakes?

Also, check wheel nuts are tight.

Wheels for you year based on 155/65r14 should be 103nm

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

drop links can make an awful knocking noise when they are worn

Hi @Oggsand welcome to the forum :smile:

I can't help but think that your problem might be linked to this thread:

I don't know if that will help but I hope so.

By the way, I can't actually tell from the tiny photo but is that little fella a Bisson Frisse?  My Sister had one for years and he (Bart) was a great little friend for her.

All the best!

• Like 1

Can't seem to get to get into that post about to check if this is in there. Remove one wheel at check that disk protector plate is not touching the discs or has a small stone stuck in there.

Hi Kenny,

Click on "Grinding/metal Sound when turning right"...The Header above the "green Z" for Zaaro's initial icon.

The check that you have mentioned is just what I thought as well, which is why I pointed Oggs in that direction as it shows the problem and explains how to cure it with some good photos.

The link on Agent Orange post a couple posts up identifies the problem - see Jay13 post June 26th 2008.

Wife had the same problem on her Yaris, gave car to our local non Toyota garage and he found the problem and fixed for free. Simples

Hi Oggs,im new to the owners club lol,i think i have the same problem on my 08 yaris and i also had it on my mrk1 yaris.i think it might be the top strut mounts,my o/s/f makes a hell of a noise when turning slowly,ive just not got round to doing mine yet,open the bonnet and put a little oil(engine oil,3 in 1 or what ever you got lying around)on the top of the strut mount and let it work its way through and see if the noise goes away for about a week or so and if it returns i would say its the top mount👍👍

Hi guys thanks for all your help and suggestions, was going to update and say on driving the car tonight felt it was more a metallic rubbing sound rather than the rattle I described it as in my initial post when I saw Agent Orange suggestion. Spot on! Just gently bent the heat shield away from the disc,a quick little test drive and the noise has gone! Thanks again for everyone's help.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi @Oggsand welcome to the forum :smile:

I can't help but think that your problem might be linked to this thread:

I don't know if that will help but I hope so.

By the way, I can't actually tell from the tiny photo but is that little fella a Bisson Frisse?  My Sister had one for years and he (Bart) was a great little friend for her.

All the best!

No a Lhasa Apso but very similar,photo taken last July the evening we had to have her put to sleep!😞. Have a one year old now we got end of November last year!😊

I'm pleased to have pointed you in the right direction, Oggs.....I can't take much credit for it as the thread was a great one with some good explanations and terrific photos so I'm just glad that it helped and you have sorted the problem.

I'm really sorry to hear about your little Pal but I bet the new Pup keeps you on your toes! :wink:

All the best!:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links