Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of buying an IQ

AYGOSTU

Hello IQ Owners,

Im after some advice.. 

I previously owned an aygo.. I bought it from new, and took it upto 105k miles. I always said, if i ever need a cheap / economical commuter i would come back to the brand. That car proved stupidly reliable, efficient and cheap to run.

The time has come, and once again I am looking for another car. I have started looking at IQ's, as they seem a little more quirky / fun than the aygo. I have about £4.5k (£5k at an absolute stretch) to spend, and would like to get as car with as high a spec as possible. What are the pro's and cons of the 1.0 Vs 1.33? 

Anything I should know or avoid before parting with cash? 

Thanks for any advice.

Hello,

The 1.33 come with all the toys as standard apart from the Satnav.

The 1.0 can suffer from the EGR valve issue, I'm sure I have read that some after the fix have started showing symptoms again (someone will correct me). The 1.33 doesn't suffer the EGR problem.

Both come with CVT transmision or manual gearbox, 6 speed for the 1.33, 5 speed for the 1.0.

67bhp v 97bhp

That's it in a nutshell.

I have had the 1.33 from new and I think it is a wonderful car. It has given me very few problems. The most serious of which was a damp driver's mat that took the dealer a while to fix.

One downside I can think of it is as follows.

On average I get 45mpg with it. I have heard owner's of the 1.0 quoting much better full consumption figures.

• Like 1

To be honest its horses for courses, i've had my 1.33 for 7 odd years and am currently on 109k trouble free miles. The 1.33 is more of a open road get on with it motor , i do 92 miles a day 4 days a week mostly on the a14 and m6 , and its absolutelyat home on it, 50 mpg winter ,53 to 56 mpg summer and i dont particularly drive economically with it, its mostly in the 65 to 75 mph band. Nothing puts it in the shade, it does have everything you want , and for me its a great commute car. However put it around town all the while and ,its pefectly at home trundling round, all the benefits of an iq,but, mpg does suffer , but only down to the mid 40's. Apart from the daily commute, if i need to pop 'up town' i'll tend to just jump in the iq and go, far easier to find a parking space for it instead of my 'bigun'

The 1.0 is more in my opion a proper urban runabout with occasional trips out up the road. I got my stepfather an automatic iq1 and he loves it. No road tax on the manuals and around 60 mpg

Tony

Drive both. 1.0 litre is free tax and excellent fuel economy. 1.33 has a bit more oomph and costs a few notes more to tax and fuel. iq2 has excellent spec. Your money will get you a top 1.0 litre car with low miles.

I find my 1.0 goes plenty well enough on the motorway and will do over 60mpg cruising at 60-70mph.

Whichever you choose will get you in to one of the best kept secrets in motoring.

• Like 2

You'll find you get a bigger choice in 1.0's than 1.33's , the 1.33 fairly rare to find from what i can see. Mine's staying with me for the forseeable. 

As oatmung said try both.

• Like 2