Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deposit Down

AYGOSTU

So today I put a deposit down on my 3rd Aygo. I previously covered about 2 hundred thousand miles in my last 2 Aygos a few years ago when I was on a real budget point in my life. Then I went and had a bunch of other cars. But Now I'm back ! :) there is something about the Aygo I find so fun and satisfying that I can't really explain. With doing a lot of miles, and now having a bit more money to spend, I wanted the highest spec Aygo I could get for my money. So have gone for a 4door 2014 ltd edition Orange car, black wheels,full black Leather, keyless, (I think it has a limiter?) and am having Nav installed also. The car has only covered 8500 miles.

I absolutely cant wait to get the car. It really feels like the new shape has moved on a bit compared to my last aygos (Older shape), and was impressed they also now have a rear camera! My previous BMW didn't even have this !!

I look forward to being back in the Aygo community.

IMG_0478.PNG

IMG_0479.PNG

IMG_0480.PNG

• Like 1

Hi Stuart,

Welcome back to the world of great economy, free road tax and loads of fun! :smile:

I have to say that I do like those leather seats and I think that you've bought yourself a "Good 'un" there....8500 miles?....It's basically a new car!

I hope that you're really happy with it.

All the best!

Thanks Neil, 

I had to really hunt around to find one with the full leather, there where not many cars with it at all. I guess it would have pushed the new price up pretty high.  Not to discredit anyone cars without it, but it really makes the car feel like its in another league when your inside. It has a premium feel to it.

I am looking forward to pick up and doing many miles :) 

Blimey you'll need to service that in a few thou?!?!

Hope you factored that into your budgeting?

Good spot Plob, yep I factored that in. I will have to get it done, but still got a good deal. Rather than push them on it I haggled on a deposit contribution and discount on the satnav.

Nice choice, 8,500 for a 3 year old is very low.

As Toyota's service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first, has the car already had the 1st and 2nd year services?

If not, has the dealer said what effect there will be on the new car warranty?

It will be due the 3rd service on 1st September, when it will be three years old.

I specifically asked the question on service history as it has les than 10k miles, but should have been serviced and was told it has FULL history, as the dealer will not sell any Toyotas without them. I have not seen the service book but will be checking it when I pick up the car, if it is not FULL ( has 2 services) I will be kicking off. It won't stop me having the car, but I will refuse to take the car unless they compensate me.. 

Here you go.. (picture)

I think it all looks good :) 

Aygo Service record.JPG

7 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

Here you go,, i got the dealer to send this over... (picture)

I think it all looks good :)     but the odd thing is the car is advertised with 8565 miles.. this would imply its sat for a year??? I need to query that.

Aygo Service record.JPG

Ok, There was an error on the advert, the car has 10,443 miles.. they advertised it with the mileage at the last service (1 mile out).

2 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

Here you go.. (picture)

I think it all looks good :) 

Aygo Service record.JPG

One of the good reasons for buying Toyota approved vehicles. Will be looking to buy a similar Aygo (spec, age and price) early next year.

I personally love the orange colour, but the other half moans about having an orange car on the drive :sad:

Hi Stuart,

That does look a bit strange.....Is "Listers Toyota Cheltenham" where you are buying the car from?  If it is then you could ask to check the "My Toyota" details at the showroom.  "My Toyota" is a website that is made specifically for the owner of the vehicle and you get a little wallet with your details and password on it when you take delivery of the car.  The previous owner must have had this and it should still be available to inspect as the dealer should have the details.  "Listers" should also have there own service records, which you should be allowed to check.

To be honest, I can't see a car like that being sat on a garage forecourt for 10 months, so it is something that you should check....Not a dealbreaker as there will probably be an explanation, but it's an explanation that you need to be confident in both the car and the dealer.

Don't worry, Stuart, I'm sure that you'll be happy with the car.

All the best and good luck. :smile:

Whoops!

It looks like you got an explanation as I was typing my last reply.....10500 means that you have still go a very low mileage car so enjoy it!

Our Aygo is a Mark1 "Fire" and it is in Burnt Orange (Hence my user name) and my better half chose the car because of it......And she still loves at as she can't "Lose it on a Car Park"...(Her words, not mine!!!!)

Take care. :wink:

Nice car. Ask for a free navigation update

3 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

Whoops!

It looks like you got an explanation as I was typing my last reply.....10500 means that you have still go a very low mileage car so enjoy it!

Our Aygo is a Mark1 "Fire" and it is in Burnt Orange (Hence my user name) and my better half chose the car because of it......And she still loves at as she can't "Lose it on a Car Park"...(Her words, not mine!!!!)

Take care. :wink:

Thanks Neil, Im still happy. Its only 10,500k miles with full history  :) 

On 2017-6-6 at 1:21 PM, AYGOSTU said:

Ok, There was an error on the advert, the car has 10,443 miles.. they advertised it with the mileage at the last service (1 mile out).

Still low compared to my three year old mk1 Aygo who did 10k a year.