Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Questions Regarding Sound System

wlsmith

My friend is selling me 2 x Kenwood 12" Subs in a carpeted box for £150, quite a good deal I think. He said he can also add a Kenwood 2 Ch 800W Amp so in total I would pay £250 for the lot.

However, couple of issues regarding this, I also have Kenwood 7x10 320W, and was wondering if i would need a more powerful amp with more channels to run the whole system inc 2 subs and a pair of 7 x 10's if so what amp would you recommend for this job? and also can i use the standard headunit for this if i buy a special lead like an RCA convertor and run the new amp off this?

jus leave the 7by10s connected to head unit! buy RCA converter (follow my instructions in how to section) and wire amp up!

nuff sed

If i leave the 7 x 10s connected to the head unit... will they automatically be "amped" up due to the amp being used instead of the standard amp headunit?

He won't sell them now Breezer, so what shall I do, I am going to purchase either these:

Kenwood 640W 4 Channel Amplifier,

Kenwood 12" Sub (only one now!)

Acoustic MDF Bass Box

However, im stuck on which amp to get... I want a kenwood one, however, theres an 800W, or a 1000W one in my price range however these are both 2 chanels....What im not sure about is how many channels do i need... I was thinking if i got 4 channels I can bridge 2 channels to the 7 x 10's and 2 to the single sub if this is possible giving each 320W through it... would this be a good idea?

Also if i just got a 2 channel amp say 1000W, could i run 500W through the sub and 500W through the 7 x 10s but not play it as loud so they dont get damaged... help me im so confused!

Can i just say that max power means :censor: all, you need to try and match the RMS watts on the amp and sub, So if you get a 150w RMS Sub - you need to try and get a 150w RMS Amp - or a 160w RMS amp!

Cheers

matt

Ok, well the Kenwood 12" Sub is 700W Peak power, my 7 x 10 are 320W, not sure if this is each, so what will I need 1020W? or shall I just order a Kenwood 800W 2 channel amp and bridge the channels and run the single sub off it? and leave the 7 x 10s connected up to the headunit? as they will automatically get "Amped" up due to the aftermarket amp being used won't they instead of the factory head unit amp?

Or I can order a Kenwood 1000W Mono Amp im not sure about Mono though will it be good or will i only get sound coming through one side of the car?

I've got Daddy's credit card here....good old man!! so i need to know as I want to order em up!

You need to find out the RMS of everything, not the peak power, thats just BS - its designed to trick people into thinking they are powerful

Can't find the RMS anywhere on any of the sites... not even the kenwood site lol

ok so what amp do i want for it? the kenwood 1000W mono, 800W 2 channel or 640W 4 channel? cus i was thinking if i got the 4 channel 1 i could then hook my 7 x 10 up to it but would this be beneficial or not at all~?

from what i was told, people usually buy a seperate amp to power a sub and a one to power Speakers.

id say, try both ways (wiring Speakers to amp to see if betta then headunit) the amp will get hotter quicker if you wire a sub and Speakers to it!!

well, i want to run it all off 1 amp, so im guessing i would want the 640W one?

i dont really understand what i need whether 4 channels,2 channels or what, people say bridging the sub makes it a lot better thats why i was going to bridge it and still have 2 channels free

well the 640w amp will be around 100w RMS, so get a higher one! the 800w one will have an RMS of around 300w RMS. Get an amp with a high MAX RMS as they will have a higher RMS.

so do you think it would be a safer option if i get the 640W, as its got more channels, cus if i got the 800W 2 channel amp and sub, i may not like just having the 2 channels and the Speakers off the headunit

ok.. so saying if i bought the 1000W 2 channel amp, would i be able to run the sub off 1 channel and my Speakers off the other channel? and would it sound ok

ok then, ill get the 800W or 1000W 2 channel, thanks mate.. cleared things up a bit now :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links