Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Sensors

AYGOSTU

Does anyone have parking sensors on the new shape Aygo? Im just curious if they are any good.

Thanks.

Stu

Yes. Although I have the rear view camera, I was aware that sometimes rain droplets can obscure the lens.

When I ordered mine, I found that the one option pack (which I think included rear parking sensors, mudflaps, rubber mats, sill guards and boot mat) was £400 and was quite a bit cheaper than buying the separate items. Usually I have carpet mats, but the rubber ones are good quality.

Work well and there is an on/off switch in the boot when one may wish to turn them off.

Cheers FrostyBalls, Im going to get some added to my car before pickup :)  apparently they are a fairly easy retrofit item.. Out of interest are they colour matched to the car? or do they sit on the black part of the bumper?

Interesting you get an on off switch too.. not that i would turn them off.

They go on the 'black part' -so mine are glossy back.

Interestingly a neighbour has the basic Aygo X - silver coloured - and her rear sensors are silver on the black part of the rear bumper?

All ordered, but I have to pay an extra £50 for colour matching, to my car as they come in black plastic. I guess I will see when I pick it up.  I trust them.

36 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

All ordered, but I have to pay an extra £50 for colour matching, to my car as they come in black plastic.

My Aygo, and others I've seen with the rear sensors, only have two fitted into the rear diffuser (the black part of the rear bumper) on either side between the rear reflectors and the number plate So if your diffuser is black, and the sensors are black, why colour code?

good point again Frosty Balls.. i will ask...

Yes I got reversing sensors fitted as an aftermarket thing when getting my mk2 Aygo. They work quite well but make sure they stay cleanish as they can get a bit confused when a lot of dirt is covering them. And if its raining heavily they can be a bit funny.

My Aygo is an ex-demo x-clusiv and had the reversing sensors already installed. They're colour coded.

I find them more useful than the camera for awareness. Also, the camera lacks the guides that were included in years older cameras on other Toyotas, but that's for another thread.2988309cee5eac650c85c56e615e39a6.jpg

1 hour ago, MarkyPancake said:

My Aygo is an ex-demo x-clusiv and had the reversing sensors already installed. They're colour coded.  Also, the camera lacks the guides that were included in years older cameras on other Toyotas ....

If the rear diffuser is a different colour to black, then yes ideally they should be colour coded. However I believe the OP's Aygo's rear diffuser is black, in which case they are already the correct colour, and don't need to be separately colour coded.

My rear view camera has guides that allows one, for example, to park perpendicular to the edge lines of a parking space, or to within a limited distance from another car, wall, etc.

My rear view camera has guides that allows one, for example, to park perpendicular to the edge lines of a parking space, or to within a limited distance from another car, wall, etc.

Mine was registered July 2014 and doesn't have any guides for the rear camera, which makes it much less useful than it should be. The box parking guides are really useful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links