Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haggling goodies on a used Toyota dealer MK2 Aygo?

fordulike

Hopefully, members who have experienced this may be able to comment.

I realise that there is a mark up on every used car that a dealer sells, but I'm after comments on what goodies I could ask for on a used MK2 Aygo. I'm not interested in a discount, only stuff I can haggle into the advertised price.

I haven't bought the car yet, or even have one in mind, but it will likely be £7 - 9k in price, no more than 2 years old.

Would adding sat nav or a 3 year service plan be out of the question? I wouldn't want a sale to become awkward, because I went too far :biggrin:

No, not out of the question. I bought a brand new one this year and although it had already been out of the factory I was able to factor in half price reversing sensors.

• Like 1

Bear in mind that a dealers mark up may not be as high as people envisage. By the time they've included their overheads - whatever used car preparation is needed from valeting through to SMART repairs (usually done by a contractor), including any service/MOT that is due, replacement tyres, contribution towards premises costs, etc - the profit made on used cars may not be great. Taking out dealer finance is one area the dealer can make some money from, I believe.

A three year service plan for the Aygo may cost from £445 retail (two intermediate, one full), depending what services are needed. May be able to get a reduction, rather than having a plan included. However, often it is service rather than sales that sell the service plans.

A lot of accessories nowadays are dealer-fit, rather than factory fit - multimedia, parking sensors, etc. There may be some leeway for negotiation there. 

• Like 1