Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear camber and tire wear problem.

lenkenbad

I have mk3 2010 rav4 ( 88000 miles) and the rear tire have bad wear on the inside edge of the tire to the point of being elegal  in 12,000 miles. My local independent 4X4 dealer did a four wheel alignment check and found the rear camber on both rear wheel was too negative by the same amount, the dealer said the camber is not adjustable. Does anyone know how I can solve the problem. I see that in the USA they make adjustable top track control arms to get over this problem, but can find nothing over here. Len.

Doesn't the rear camber depend on the weight on the rear wheels and whether the springs are sagging due to age?

As it is double link (as in a wish bone suspension) the camber is stays the same as the wheel rises or falls so it is  the static camber setting that needs to be changed. There was a recall in the USA for bottom track control arm locking nuts coming lose and causing the rear tracking to go out of spec, but it does not appear that Toyota UK did not implement the recall.

The recall system in the US is different to that in the UK  US recalls aren't necessarily applicable to European models.

One can check with DVSA which vehicles have been subject to recalls under the UK system - http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

One can also use Toyota GB's recall checker to see whether a vehicle has any outstanding recalls or customer service campaign work due - https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links