Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Under engine cover

tambeshakunt

Hi all, 

Just got a 'nearly new' condition 2010 Auris 1.6 vvt-i with 17k miles a few weeks ago and was in the process of doing an oil + filter change.  

Got it up on the jack and just had a peek under - seems there is an under engine cover / splash guard installed and I'm not quite sure of the correct method for removal. It has these plastic clips which seem like they hold it in place but I just want to know the correct way of removing these clips without damaging them - or do I need to break them and replace?

Some photos are attached.

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20170614_181627.jpg

IMG_20170614_181647.jpg

Congratulations on your new purchase. If you pop out the button with a screwdriver around it's edge you can then withdraw the fixing and reuse it.

Ah I see, thanks so much for the help. One more thing, there seems to a section of the undertray that is like a service panel - is this designed for access to the drain plug / oil filter? 

Yes it is, designed to allow an oil change without removing the tray.

The clips are going to look similar to these ones.

After a few years, when they have filled with fine road dirt (in the bit you can't see when installed), they can be quite stiff and awkward to remove.

If they are stiff to replace, try completely removing the centre pin first.

It is very easy to break small bits of the off them whilst attempting removal, they are a bit brittle.

HTH

610lNaBLHAL._SX355_.jpg

great thanks for all the replies. I will put the car on jack stands tomorrow and get under to have another look and try to remove those clips this time!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links