Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Full+ service

rushy45

My car goes in for service on Tuesday, it is a 2013 Toyota auris 1.6 Auto, just coming up to 19000, done 2000 miles since last service, they tell me It is due a full+ service, looking at what they do... mostly check this check that, be lucky if they throw in a air filter, so it's the standard oil and filter, I had brake fluid done last year, have done my pollen filter last month, changed my key Battery and filled my washers.. so how can they justify charging me nearly four hundred pounds, feel really ripped off, will be the last they see of me.

Toyota revIsed both the costs and the service schedules in 2016. Some of what were previously extra cost service options are now included in the Full and Full+ services. See https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing.json

Any dealer service involves a lot of checking - that's the nature of a service.

The prices are maximum prices. Normally at four years, the Full+ service should apply - however if certain work has already been done (ie brake fluid, etc) then you should be able to negotiate a reduced price. Talk to them or try another dealer.

As a 1.6 petrol the full + is not due until 6 years or 60,000 miles 

The Correct interval on Mk2 Auris Petrol's is ( Diesels vary by engine type ):

10k/1yr Int

20k/2yr Full

30k/3yr Int

40k/4yr Full

50k/5yr Int

60k/6yr Full +

70k/7yr Int

80k/8yr Full

90k/9yr Int

100k/10yr Full+

110k//11yr Int

120k/12yr Full+

Thanks for the info Devon, so it looks like they have not really looked up my service intervals, problem is with my garage they soon take offence when you challenge them over anything, would not use them but my nearest alternative is a hours run away, The problems I had with the exhaust and then what turned out to be broken engine mount and them telling me nothing wrong, after persevering I was proved right, but I am still branded as a moaner, sad but my next car will not be a toyota.

Sorry you have had problems with your dealer, Mike. Its true, a good relationship makes life a lot easier, and what you dont want is to feel you not wanted, always moaning. What happened to the days when the "customer was always right", even when wrong.

Yes your spot on, I am of a age where used to do all my own servicing as well as brakes, half shafts, streering racks, done most things on a car, so I know when there is a fault , took 3 visits before engine mount was diagnôsed, up to then they told me it's expected for a 3 year car to have the odd rattle, it was banging everytime I turned right, other things like exhaust they told me it was charataristic of the car then Devon ago posted a bulitin on here (thanks for that) then sorted, never a sorry you were right, just labelled me trouble, I am the opposite. Was with Vauxhall cars for over 20 years with a great relationship.

see if they try and rip me off tomorrow as punishment for annoying them

17 hours ago, rushy45 said:

see if they try and rip me off tomorrow as punishment for annoying them

Whoa, that's not the right relationship between an owner and a dealer. You don't have to put up with that. Find another one. I won't touch my nearest Toyota dealer (rude and clueless), but fortunately the next one is only five miles further away.

In the meantime, here's what a real complainer looks like: Enjoy. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Countrylad said:

Whoa, that's not the right relationship between an owner and a dealer. You don't have to put up with that. Find another one. I won't touch my nearest Toyota dealer (rude and clueless), but fortunately the next one is only five miles further away.

Have to agree. The only Toyota dealer I've had a great rapport with is the one based near The Fort in Birmingham. I live in Stourbridge, and the local one to me is Westlands Toyota. Been there a few times, every time I'm waiting ages for help and then it's like I'm being a pain to them asking for a particular part on a car.

The guys by The Fort, nothing is too much trouble. Even got a car mat for my car once for free from them.

Well got car back, when I took it in left a note saying Pollen filter done, key Battery done and brake fluid changed last year, they reduced my bill to £280.

so it was just drop it off, pick it back up and pay, clinical, so that's me covered for the rest of my warranty next June, can then pick a local garage if I still have the car.

Thanks for the replies, it helps, Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links