Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris electric folding mirror noise

Chriss27

When electric mirrors fold in/out the passenger one has a slight tapping/groaning noise. Any ideas what is causing this?

More likely to be the casing than the mechanism, I'd have thought. Is it rubbing or binding anywhere? I've been known to use a tiny bit of olive oil on the end of a cocktail stick for fixing squeaks and groans on moving parts. Just don't let the neighbours see you. :biggrin:.

• Like 1

I noticed the same .. Also for me they make a sound that is like rattling a bit. The movement is not in one fluid way but rather a bit with small shocks.
I didn't put oil on it yet. I suspect sand to have gone in the moving parts. Using oil would trap and attract more sand to stick in it.

That's why it's not a good idea to lubricate a lock with oil but it should be graphite or an other dry substance.
I don't want to say 'Countrylad's ' way is bad. It's just my idea and it's opposite in this case. We can both be right.

I used a silicone lubricant aerosol spray on the hinge of my Yaris's driver's door mirror, that seemed to help. Using the "straw" I was able to spray further into the mechanism.

If it keeps sticking, might be worth dismantling and seeing if there is anything stuck in there?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links