Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

under bonnet insulation blanket clip

bonjo

I want to remove the blanket and do an engine clean.

Are the plastic clips holding it re-useable or throw away?

They are re-useable if they don't break when you prize them off . Best to use a pair of trim clip pliers which slide between the two faces and pop them off. You can easily buy replacements off eBay if they break , expensive from Toyota for plastic clips .http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=272284851647&globalID=EBAY-GB 

also loads of different clips available http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131872004555&globalID=EBAY-GB 

thanks very much pal

I'll get the tool and try to remove & re-use them 

Most plastic clips are a two part design - the out main body and the inner centre part. There are different designs of trim clips, and they have different ways of release, via the centre section.

20170626_083737.thumb.jpg.0e764c3280b131b1bce0956460111c8e.jpg

In  the picture above are some of the types of trim clips I have. The top two clips are released by pressing the centres in, then removing the whole clip. The lower left clip needs a tool to prise the centre up and lower right clip has a cross/phillips indent for a screw driver.

20170626_083936.thumb.jpg.8d42a27ad841df26fbf1bcac8cef164d.jpg

One of the tools I possess for trim clips removal. I have other trim and clip removal tools.
The real issue is that clips can be broken if removed in the wrong fashion or with force, by mechanics in a rush and not caring. Sometimes the clips can be brittle with age!   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links