Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Open Warning issue

Bart287

Hi

My wife's 2010 Avensis Tourer has developed the same issue Neil1508 posted in May:

"Please can anyone point me in the direction of how to fix a boot (tailgate) warning that keeps pinging on? 

The boot is definitely shut (locked even) but the warning 'pings' and shows on the dashboard display pretty much every time I turn a corner or go over a bump. It's driving me mad!

Any pointers greatly appreciated"

Can anybody provide any info diagrams? regarding location of connectors/switches etc so I could perhaps look at these before heading to the garage?

Thanking you all in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

FYI - I sourced & replaced the Boot lid Trunk lock Mechanism with a second hand unit about 10 days ago and this has solved the problem, up until now anyway.

It was literally a 5 minute job. Loosen interior panel and remove 3 x #10 bolts and the wire connector unit came very easily.

Unit was £25 + p&p

Maybe useful info for anybody else who comes across this problem.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 2017-7-2 at 6:35 PM, Bart287 said:

Hi

FYI - I sourced & replaced the Boot lid Trunk lock Mechanism with a second hand unit about 10 days ago and this has solved the problem, up until now anyway.

It was literally a 5 minute job. Loosen interior panel and remove 3 x #10 bolts and the wire connector unit came very easily.

Unit was £25 + p&p

Maybe useful info for anybody else who comes across this problem.

Cheers

Thanks for the info. I suspected the door switch had been integrated into the lock. I would like know how it was put together, to see if there is a way of repairing it. Hopefully it is one off fault.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links