Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris SR 2012 front brakes

simers1983

Hi guys,

I'm needing to but new front disc & pads but i'm having trouble knowing what ones to get. When i type in the reg (SY12 VYC) in euro car parts it comes up with 2 slightly different options and that i need to check the fitment option tab. Can any one assist in knowing what would be the correct ones to go with.

Also would anyone know how to find out what my engine code would be?

Thanks in advance.

Ash

Do you have a vernier caliper (measuring tool)? Measure the disc diameter of the existing car - the two options listed are different sizes, so only one should match your existing disc. Check the other dimensions, too.

I don't but I'm sure I can hold of one, and idea on the pads though? As I'm not sure how to check what ones would fit. 

The two front discs listed on euro car parts have different diameters, as mentioned above.  You could 'guess' which ones fit your car by applying some logic - generally speaking the bigger diameter ones are fitted to the bigger engined versions of your car (in theory they go faster so they need bigger brakes) - but it's not really a fool-proof guess.  When I needed discs and pads for a Ford Focus recently I applied the same logic and guessed I needed the small ones, but I also asked the guy at euro parts (when I collected them) if he thought my logic was good - he checked on his computer and said I had guessed correctly.  Therefore it seems they have a better compatibility checker on their computers than they give us online.  Try phoning them and see what they say.  The different sizes/fitments of the pads will be for the corresponding discs - so whichever 'pair' go together should be the ones you want.

Alternatively, take a wheel off and measure the diameter of a disc (again, as mentioned by YarisHybrid2016 above).  You should be able to get accurate enough using a ruler or tape measure - you only need to verify whether it's 258mm or 275mm.  Also have a look at the pads - the two types shown on euro parts look drastically different by the side tabs.

edit... try your V5 log book for the engine code, I think the code is listed there.

Would anyone happen to know the part numbers for the discs and pads as eurocarparts need these numbers to tell what aftermarket versions will fit. Reg SY12VYC.