Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First car wash

Wiz201

I might just be paranoid but is it normal to have this much water inside the doors after a car wash visit? 

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

The actual size of the rubber seal is a bit smaller than the door, so yes, perfectly normal. You can see the rubber seal in your first photo. As long as the water doesn't actualy penetrate the cabin, then don't worry about it.

• Like 3

Hi Isobel.

Yes, I agree with David, that looks exactly like my Mark1 looks after a wash.  I always chamois the inside of the doors and the sill/frame to dry them off when I've washed it, check your rear door as well as that might have a few drops behind it up to the seal line.

I have to admit that I love washing the car, followed by a good wax with some Auto Glym.....I even wax the bits that you've shown that are wet, yes, inside the doors and frames....I must be bonkers! :wink:

How is your new Baby doing after a few months?

All the best. :smile:

• Like 1

You're lucky your car is red Isobel. Mine's white, and those areas in your photos, where you can see the water droplets, look filthy very quickly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi Isobel.

Yes, I agree with David, that looks exactly like my Mark1 looks after a wash.  I always chamois the inside of the doors and the sill/frame to dry them off when I've washed it, check your rear door as well as that might have a few drops behind it up to the seal line.

I have to admit that I love washing the car, followed by a good wax with some Auto Glym.....I even wax the bits that you've shown that are wet, yes, inside the doors and frames....I must be bonkers! :wink:

How is your new Baby doing after a few months?

All the best. :smile:

My new baby is actually only two months old and already just over 2k mileage. She's doing very well. I've noticed that the X shift transmission still does the flashing N thing occasionally though, they've not worked that kink out.

• Like 1

thats realy bad isobel that toyota haven't ironed out the flashing "N" this issue has been around for ages

you would of thought a solution should of been found by now.

Perfectly normal...and should motivate you to clean your door shuts...which many people don't.!:wink:

• Like 1

I would agree with the others' comments that the water is quite normal.

I hand wash my Aygo and open the doors to dry the door area you photographed with a microfibre drying cloth, I also open the boot and dry round outer edge and inside the petrol flap too.

• Like 2

That's two of us, Suzanne, like I said I use a chamois but a microfibre cloth does the job and I do inside the petrol flap as well! :laugh:

Whilst I am washing, chamoising (Is that a word?) and waxing inside the doors and tailgate i usually spray some of this on a cloth and wipe the seals:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006UCNI38/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's great stuff, helps the seals and you can use it in the electric window channels to keep them operating nice and smoothly.

@Wiz201 Crikey Ruth, 2000 miles in two months and 51.7 mpg on the Fuelly....I've said it before and I'll say it again, you must have a touch like a Ballerina on those pedals!

All the best:smile:

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip about the silicone spray Agent Orange - it's now on my shopping list 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

That's two of us, Suzanne, like I said I use a chamois but a microfibre cloth does the job and I do inside the petrol flap as well! :laugh:

Whilst I am washing, chamoising (Is that a word?) and waxing inside the doors and tailgate i usually spray some of this on a cloth and wipe the seals:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006UCNI38/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's great stuff, helps the seals and you can use it in the electric window channels to keep them operating nice and smoothly.

@Wiz201 Crikey Ruth, 2000 miles in two months and 51.7 mpg on the Fuelly....I've said it before and I'll say it again, you must have a touch like a Ballerina on those pedals!

All the best:smile:

Yeah I am impressed considering that I do 30 mile round trip to work every day and she's done a couple of motorway journeys to Lincoln and Nottinghamshire. I don't always get the smoothest journeys going home from work either with stopping and starting.

• Like 1

Hi Isobel,

That MPG figure is even more impressive as I seem to remember that you do your driving around the Dewsbury/Bradford area.....I only remember because you're not far from me (Just across the Lancs/Yorks border near Skipton) and I know the roads around there......Very busy at times and loads of traffic lights:angry:

Just a final question, did you wash the car yourself, before you took the photos or had you just got back from your local car wash?  If you wash the car yourself a final wipe with a damp chamois, or after a car wash a quick wipe with the suggestion from Suzanne (Blue Kingfisher) a microfibre cloth, will clean and dry those areas but as everybody has said, it's "Nowt to fret about". :wink:

Glad to hear that "Rosie" is doing so well, all the best. :smile:

7 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi Isobel,

That MPG figure is even more impressive as I seem to remember that you do your driving around the Dewsbury/Bradford area.....I only remember because you're not far from me (Just across the Lancs/Yorks border near Skipton) and I know the roads around there......Very busy at times and loads of traffic lights:angry:

Just a final question, did you wash the car yourself, before you took the photos or had you just got back from your local car wash?  If you wash the car yourself a final wipe with a damp chamois, or after a car wash a quick wipe with the suggestion from Suzanne (Blue Kingfisher) a microfibre cloth, will clean and dry those areas but as everybody has said, it's "Nowt to fret about". :wink:

Glad to hear that "Rosie" is doing so well, all the best. :smile:

Generally Huddersfield and Bradford. I took her to the local car wash, but I'll give the insides a wipe. I got this unusual dust that had blown over all the cars so it doesn't really look like she's been washed now apart from the wheels.

On 21/06/2017 at 5:05 PM, fordulike said:

You're lucky your car is red Isobel. Mine's white, and those areas in your photos, where you can see the water droplets, look filthy very quickly.

Black is not much better. Also it's a pain cleaning it without causing swirl marks everywhere.... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links