Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise

stephshirley95

I've been noticing a constant knocking noise while I drive - especially at lower speeds. I've checked my suspension and underneath the car and I can't see any obvious problem. 

It sounds as though it's directly under the driver seat and I can 'feel' it on the steering wheel. 

Can anyone help? 

go to youtube forward slash watch?v=Rfq2F2dKx00 for a video of the noise

Might be a help to know a bit more detail on your Aygo - first or second generation, and year. This can be included in your profile, so it will show every time you post.

Click on your user name in top right hand corner, select profile from the drop down menu, and click on 'edit profile' on right of top toolbar.

Noise as posted on Youtube.

Something is really loose whatever it is, I was going to say the driveshaft, but that shouldn't just suddenly start knocking like that.

Be safe and get a mechanic to look at it if you are not competent. That defiantly doesn't sound right whatever it is.

Stu

Could it be the clutch? I've heard cars make knocking sounds like that and sometimes that's the culprit.

It could also be something as simple as a broken Exhaust bracket, best to go to garage get it up on the ramps & the garage should be able to Show you the problem so you know whats going on before any work is done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links