Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window 'Falling'

stephshirley95

Hi,

My passenger electric window won't go up - it gets to a point where the front of the window (closest to bonnet) sticks, and the back of the window (closest to boot) carries on. So the window tilts and gets jammed.

I've taken the panel off and the regulator seems to work fine, but obviously I can't see half of it as it's hidden in the door itself.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any advise on how to fix it? I could replace the regulator but I'd prefer to fix it without buying parts.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried lubricating the window channels with some silicone lubricant? Spray cans available from Amazon, Halfords, etc. Spray some in the window channels and try operating the window several times. Example - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchRouter?srch=silicon+lubricant&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1

Similar  to a fault I had. Found the culprit was the glass securing bracket on the  mechanism (front) was broken. On mine this could only be seen through a small cutout at the bottom of the door  when the door card was removed and the window was at its lowest point.

Del

when my old aygo did this it was caused by dried out / unflexible window rubber seals.the bottom one was replaced, and internal mechanisms lubed up, and it was perfect after that.

Hi while your fixing that side, don't forget to lube the other side as well just in case. It only takes 2 minutes job done.

Edited by Kenny500
Spelt only wrong