Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine misfire

Exmeg2

My engine (2009 Auris TR 1.6 Valvematic, 43000 miles) has just been diagnosed, again, with a misfire. This is an old problem on this car which over the past year or so has regularly and frequently come up with an engine warning light which I extinguish by disconnecting / reconnecting the Battery. The car  has been into a main dealer on two separate occasions but after several hours investigation the  cause of the problem has not been identified.The fault code is P0302. I would welcome any suggestions as to what my next move should be.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:49 PM, Exmeg2 said:

My engine (2009 Auris TR 1.6 Valvematic, 43000 miles) has just been diagnosed, again, with a misfire. This is an old problem on this car which over the past year or so has regularly and frequently come up with an engine warning light which I extinguish by disconnecting / reconnecting the battery. The car  has been into a main dealer on two separate occasions but after several hours investigation the  cause of the problem has not been identified.The fault code is P0302. I would welcome any suggestions as to what my next move should be.

I found your earlier post regarding misfire :-

In that post you did not respond any further and now you are back, but with the P0302 which gives us more to work on. Cylinder number 2 has a misfire as reported by diagnostics. 

The spark plug or coil needs to replaced. When last were the spark plugs changed? What I would do is to swap the coil with another cylinder to confirm it is not that - the misfire code will move to the cylinder the suspected coil has been swapped to. Also make sure the connection to the coil is secure. If the misfire persist on the same cylinder, then there is a wiring problem or fuel injection issue. Burnt or leaking valves, or compression. These are extreme cases, which will cost more to fix.
Try and for what I mentioned with the spark plugs and coil, and not just worry about cancelling the EML. The EML is reporting something needs fixing!

Tell us what has/is being done.

Edited by Konrad C
Additional words

• 3 years later...

I have a Auris hybrid 1,8 2016 with p0301 but der are new spark plug and coil os ok but misfire at 90 kmh , no misfire at full gas and at ideal.

A have seen someone clean the intake manifold where the exhaust come from Egr , there is small holes in the intake manifold . 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links