Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pick up day ! :) woohoo

AYGOSTU

So today, after what seemed like a massive wait, I picked up my Aygo.

I drove it 1.5hr home, and I must say, I love it. The sat Nav is mega impressive, and gives a 3D lane guidance view when approaching exits.. my wife's 2014 BMW does not even have this! It is mega clear and simple to see.

The limiter worked effortlessly for a 50mile stretch on the motorway. I'm really happy with this feature and it made cruising even easier. The Xmodel definitely seems to hold its own better on the motorway than the old shape too, less wind noise, and it seems a little less revy. 

I am really glad I have a camera and sensors. It has made me realise I have loads of room left when I would have normally stopped :)

The one thing that has really amazed me is the keyless entry, it sounds silly but it is LITERALLY keyless. I have not removed it from my pocket all day, to lock/ unlock and start.  It's not needed as long as it's detectable. The reason it surprises me is because on my wife's bmw you have to press the buttons on the fob to lock/ unlock, but then not needed for starting. The Aygo one is much better !

I am so glad I went for leather, it literally feels like a very high end motor. I still can't believe I only paid ~£8k for he car... or more to the point, it's made me wonder why the BMW cost so much 🤔 And doesn't have some of the stuff the Aygo does ! IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.36d468fafd11a9dbe16911322841e217.JPG

To say I am pleased is an understatement the new Aygo X certainly has won me over.

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

• Like 1

Glad you're pleased with it.

Hi Stuart,

Brilliant!.....You've finally got it! :biggrin:  I still love those leather seats, the interior looks a million dollars and the photos show it off really well.  All it needs is an armrest and it'll be perfect :wink:

Seriously though, I am so chuffed that you're pleased with your new baby and I hope that you get many happy years of fun with it.

I do have one question though, that 1.5 hour drive home...was that direct, or (More than likely) the very, very "scenic" route?  I have this wierd notion that the garage might actually be about 10 minutes from your house. :smile:

Obviously it was worth the wait, I've been "On pins" (as we say up here) for you but there might be a problem in all this....You might just end up being a BMW Driver....Is Mrs Aygostu going to register on here tomorrow?

All the best, Stuart have fun! :smile:

Great looking colour match, and with leather. I've always been a fan of the black & red mix. Don't see many were l live, one company uses them as service cars with white the main colour and red.

ln my opinion not a patch on yours. Happy Motoring 

41 minutes ago, Kenny500 said:

Great looking colour match, and with leather. I've always been a fan of the black & red mix. 

It is orange.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:49 AM, Agent Orange said:

Hi Stuart,

Brilliant!.....You've finally got it! :biggrin:  I still love those leather seats, the interior looks a million dollars and the photos show it off really well.  All it needs is an armrest and it'll be perfect :wink:

Seriously though, I am so chuffed that you're pleased with your new baby and I hope that you get many happy years of fun with it.

I do have one question though, that 1.5 hour drive home...was that direct, or (More than likely) the very, very "scenic" route?  I have this wierd notion that the garage might actually be about 10 minutes from your house. :smile:

Obviously it was worth the wait, I've been "On pins" (as we say up here) for you but there might be a problem in all this....You might just end up being a BMW Driver....Is Mrs Aygostu going to register on here tomorrow?

All the best, Stuart have fun! :smile:

AO, the trip home was 1.5 hrs taking the quick route :) I traveled a little distance to get the right car. So far im loving the little beast. 

My 2 year old son has named it 'Nemo Car' & 'Fun Car'  That made me laugh, and I think thats going to stick. 

A quick question.. My old aygo (previous shape) had a full size spare wheel in the boot. this one has the tyre weld kit. was/ is the spare wheel an option on the X model? has anyone fitted one in the well? or shall I not bother / worry.. I guess its less weight to carry, and I have the repair kit. 

1 hour ago, AYGOSTU said:

AO, the trip home was 1.5 hrs taking the quick route :) I traveled a little distance to get the right car. So far im loving the little beast. 

My 2 year old son has named it 'Nemo Car' & 'Fun Car'  That made me laugh, and I think thats going to stick. 

A quick question.. My old aygo (previous shape) had a full size spare wheel in the boot. this one has the tyre weld kit. was/ is the spare wheel an option on the X model? has anyone fitted one in the well? or shall I not bother / worry.. I guess its less weight to carry, and I have the repair kit. 

Yes, travelling can help secure the perfect car. I did notice on the Toyota used car selector, that same model, year, colour, spec cars, can fluctuate widely in price, depending on the dealer/part of the country the vehicle is located.

Did you travel to the dealer before purchasing the car to check it out, or did you do all the dealings long distance, then just travel there to pick it up?

Toyota do a spacesaver kit for the Aygo.

27 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Yes, travelling can help secure the perfect car. I did notice on the Toyota used car selector, that same model, year, colour, spec cars, can fluctuate widely in price, depending on the dealer/part of the country the vehicle is located.

Did you travel to the dealer before purchasing the car to check it out, or did you do all the dealings long distance, then just travel there to pick it up?

AO this is the 3rd car I have now purchased like this (without viewing), basically I pretty much saved £1300 on the advertised price compared to my local garage, and the one in my local garage did not have leather either, and no discount was offered to have the parking sensors and satnav installed.) so its a no brainier to me... believe it or not the train ticket 1 way only cost me £8 too as I booked it in advance. 

What I do is discuss the car at detail with the salesman on the phone, and strike a deal. I have seen the new aygo on the road, and owned the previous shape so really didn't need to see or drive the car..  I specifically asked the salesman to double check for ANY marks on the Leather bolsters, wheels, LCD screen etc, and to inform me upfront of any marks. (of which there where none). Then the killer thing I do, is then send the salesman an email CONFIRMING the marks (or lack of).. And I make a point of saying 'If its all as described when I pick the car up then we have a deal) and in principle a deal is done and deposit paid. and I have it in writing, if i turn up and its not as described I am covered. To be fair i find Toyota dealerships over the country very upfront and honest with the condition of the used cars. I have never had any issues touch wood.

I will now use my local Toyota garage for the servicing as that's fixed price. But I have never purchased a car from them as they never seem to be priced competitively. 

51 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota do a spacesaver kit for the Aygo.

Cheers ! I might look at this, and see how much it is.

5 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

AO this is the 3rd car I have now purchased like this (without viewing)

Crazy ain't it. My Aygo is the first car that I've purchased without viewing first. I know this sounds silly, but the Toyota brand and immaculate dealership showrooms, just inspired confidence that the car would be nothing less than perfect. I wasn't wrong :biggrin:

Like you, I had already driven the missus' Aygo, so didn't need a test drive. In fact, it was driving her car that helped me decide in an Aygo for myself.

15 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

I will now use my local Toyota garage for the servicing as that's fixed price. But I have never purchased a car from them as they never seem to be priced competitively. 

Exactly, my local dealer sells similar mileage/age Aygo x-plays, for the same price that I can buy an x-pression or x-cite elsewhere.

I don't use my local dealer for either sales or servicing.

In 2006 when we were considering swapping both Mazdas, we booked a test drive of the Corolla and Corolla Verso.  The test of the Verso never happened as the Battery was flat (which meant the tailgate couldn't be opened), and when the salesperson showed us how the rear seats folded via the rear side door, she broke the seat back of the middle seat by kneeling on it when folded (the loud crack as the seat back broke silenced the showroom - she wasn't the lightest of people). In 2009 when I test drove the Auris, they took me out in a customer's new car that was being collected by the customer the next day.

I use a Toyota dealer 20 miles away - have bought my last four Toyotas from there and had them do the servicing.

I love my Lil aygo people give me crap because you see elderly people driving them

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I don't use my local dealer for either sales or servicing.

In 2006 when we were considering swapping both Mazdas, we booked a test drive of the Corolla and Corolla Verso.  The test of the Verso never happened as the battery was flat (which meant the tailgate couldn't be opened), and when the salesperson showed us how the rear seats folded via the rear side door, she broke the seat back of the middle seat by kneeling on it when folded (the loud crack as the seat back broke silenced the showroom - she wasn't the lightest of people). In 2009 when I test drove the Auris, they took me out in a customer's new car that was being collected by the customer the next day.

I use a Toyota dealer 20 miles away - have bought my last four Toyotas from there and had them do the servicing.

I think I would have initially laughed seeing that salesperson crack the seat.. but at the same time be a bit concerned I guess.. (i will resist from crack jokes on the back seat of the Verso) :):):) 

Using a customers new car shows desperation for trying to get a sale, and  complete disregard / lack of respect for the new customer.  I would be so annoyed if that was my car and they where using it for test rides. I think its ok to 'show' people someone else's collection car.. and possibly borderline let them sit in it if you emphasise they are carefull. But draw the line at test drives/rides. 

1 hour ago, lilgampla said:

I love my Lil aygo people give me crap because you see elderly people driving them

I have learnt, there are a lot of small car haters out there. Not just Aygo.

1 hour ago, AYGOSTU said:
1 hour ago, lilgampla said:

It's sad it's a car doesn't matter if it's a supra evo impreza fiat Toyota ect ect it's just a **** car

34 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

Yeah, I've had small willy, big car drivers, desperate to overtake. Then once they've carried out their 'I'm a knob' manoeuvre, they take the next left. Figure that! :ohmy:

Apologies for the language, I just get a bit annoyed at reckless drivers, whose goal in life seems to be to arrive at their destination 30 seconds earlier.

1 minute ago, fordulike said:

Yeah, I've had small willy, big car drivers, desperate to overtake. Then once they've carried out their 'I'm a knob' manoeuvre, they take the next left. Figure that! :ohmy:

Apologies for the language, I just get a bit annoyed at reckless drivers, whose goal in life seems to be to arrive at their destination 30 seconds earlier.

My car before the Aygo was a BMW M135..3 litre, 320bhp.. 0-6 in 4.4 seconds.. it was a weapon... unfortunately(or maybe fortunately) it got wrote off (someone reversed into it very fast with a tow bar in tesco's...) 

I used to drive it too fast, a bit like you describe, because it was such a capable machine, and it sounded great. I was never the type of person to go all out to overtake and then turn off, those guys are very odd and I dont get that either.. I was more a stealthy driver with my car and didnt interfer with other peoples drive... I used to  drive it at ballistic speeds across open roads on Salisbury plains on my commute, and the rest of the time just sat on the limiter to I avoid speeding tickets, infact it was the saloon diesel drivers/ commuters that always used to drive like they stole the car..and take stupid / blind overtakes.

Other people wont necessarily get this, but my car got really tiring... and when I was going fast, it was just licence losing / prison territory.. and when going slow you just wanted to go fast ! it was very tough to just cruise in it... This took the fun out of it after a while. So far im not missing it at all, the Aygo has more features/ extras.. just less power.   People will probably think im mad

20 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

My car before the Aygo was a BMW M135..3 litre, 320bhp.. 0-6 in 4.4 seconds.. it was a weapon... unfortunately(or maybe fortunately) it got wrote off (someone reversed into it very fast with a tow bar in tesco's...)

Wasn't a disgruntled Aygo driver perchance :rolleyes:

Like yourself, I've owned a few fast cars, maybe not M135 fast, but rockets all the same. I remember the time I was speeding along at 155mph in an Alfa GTV V6, and out of nowhere, some Mercedes was flashing me out of the way. I pulled into the middle lane and this thing shot away like I was going backwards. I never did find out what model it was, but I was living in Germany, on the autobahn, with my license perfectly safe :biggrin:

I just don't see the point of blindingly fast cars in the UK.

Nice car AYGOSTU. I hope you have many miles of fun driving it :smile:

The stereo system sounds much better than that weedy thing fitted to old Aygos and the whole car feels quite solid and refined for a small city car.

I totally agree about it holding its own better on the motorway. A few years ago I had a 1litre iQ which was a great little car but the gears were too long for that little engine, even in town to be honest. On the motorway it struggle to maintain 65-70mph in 5th gear on even the slightest incline where the Aygo manages it easily with a small amount of power in reserve.

Whilst we're on about this fantastic looking car, does anyone know when they stopped making the X-Cite in the orange colour?

Toyota seem to change the X-cite annually -

June 2014 - June 2015 Orange Twist

July 2015 - June 2016 Cyan Splash

July 2016 - June 2017 Yellow Fizz

July 2017 onwards Red Pop

• Like 1