Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil maintenance required soon - really?

gswindale

Hi all,

This is probably a stupid question but:

Having taken ownership of a 63 plate Auris 1.4 D4D towards the end of January this year that had done approx 16.5k miles; I am now getting a message every time I start the engine that Oil Maintenance is required soon.  The mileage on the car is now around 20.5k.

Having looked at the dipstick; the oil level appears to be pretty much at the top and the oil also looks very clean.

Having looked in the manual; I believe the message comes on automatically 9000 miles after the last reset on the computer?

Am I therefore fine to carry out a reset or do I need to get the oil changed?

Thanks

I'd change it as the service intervals are 12k anyway, personally I change it earlier every 8k. 

When was it last serviced 

If it's only got 16.5k on it has it had any servicing done as it should have been serviced once and had the oil changed twice by now 

I'd use when it was last changed to make the decision about whether to change it or reset the alert. If it's clean it was probably done by the dealer and no point doing it again so soon.Is there anything stamped in the book?

Service intervals for the 1.4D are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first - see 

• Like 1

Hi,

The car has had 3 services prior to my purchase - September 14, September 15 and October 16.

The mileages were approx 6.5k, 12k and 16.5k.

I'm suspecting therefore that when the Exeter garage did the last service, they didn't reset the computer - noting that I purchased from the Sandhurst dealership?

Am I right in thinking that the garage will check/change it at the next service?

Thanks

Geoffrey

As stated earlier service intervals are either 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Leeway is one month or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

By the sound of it, yours has been serviced on the time basis rather than mileage, which given your last post, is correct. 

The full owners manual gives information on how to reset the oil maintenance light - downloadable from https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Unless your mileage surpasses 26,500 before October, your next service won't be due until October.

If it was a Toyota dealer then it might also be worth checking/registering with "mytoyota" and looking back through the history recorded on there. Can be a bit cryptic though.

Jez

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links