Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New possible Auris owner

Leonardo.IT

Hello everyone,

I'm Leonardo, 28 from Tuscany, Italy.

I'm here as long as the italian toyota forum looks quite dead and I'm going to evaluate the possibility to buy a 2007 Auris 2.0 D4-D with just 60.000 miles and I'd like to know more about this car and its engine.

See you soon!

• Like 2

Welcome Leonardo! this is a cracking forum for info and help. Someone will be along shortly to advise you! good luck with your Auris buy. :thumbup:

Hello Leonardo - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Post moved to the Auris club for more responses.

A percentage of the Auris  2.0D4D could have issues with oil consumption and the head gasket - see 

The dates in the above thread refer to build dates rather than first registration. In the UK, Toyota covered this issue for a period of 7 years/111,846 miles, whichever occurs first. Would imagine something similar was in place in Italy. Most Auris will now be outside this cover. 

A Toyota dealer should be able to confirm whether a car has had a replacement engine.

I'm by no means a mechanic or expert but I thought these were issues confined to just the 2.2? Didn't realise the 2 litre also fell in to that?

All I can advise is I bought an 08 auris with 62,000 miles 3 and a half years ago and now with 160,000 on it it hasn't missed a beat. Think valve seals are perhaps leaking a tad now as I have a puff of blue on a cold start but it's performed well. Very reliable car. No timing belts to change and 20,000 miles between oil changes from onboard computer. Only ever had to do the usual pads and disks and normal routine stuff. Air con compressor seemed to give up around 120,000 which is probably to be expected around that mileage.

if you want a mechanically solid reliable car I would recommend the 2.0 auris. 45-52mpg is to be expected per tank no better no worse. Second gear can be a bit stiff in cold weather but from what I gather all 6 speeds no matter who make them seem to have their own wee quirks but it's fine once warm. Im on the original clutch (assuming it wasn't changed before I got it)  always make sure you leave the car in gear (I know you always should but make doubly sure in the auris) as the hand brake isn't great

4 minutes ago, DAF XF said:

I'm by no means a mechanic or expert but I thought these were issues confined to just the 2.2.

If one reads the guide I provided the link to, the 1AD (2.0 litre) and 2AD (2.2 litre) in the Auris and Avensis were affected.

Thank you everybody.

The car is being sold by a Hyundai dealer and in Italy it has to guarantee the car sold for at least 12 month after the sell, so I'm quite confident in major possible failures like the head gasket.

I'm doing at least 15.000 miles per year, so I think that if the car already has that issue it should be see soon.