Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota built in sat nav

yarisx2

Hi

I've recently bought a 2008 yaris sr, with built in sat nav.

I was wondering whether the sat nav unit is upgradable, as I have noticed that in a 2008 it is the tns400 model tom tom unit, and in 2011 yaris's it is the newer tom tom nav unit, model tns410.

Just wondered if anyone has managed to do the upgrade, whether it was a simple change over ( same connections ) or whether they are completely different.

I called Toyota and they were unsure!!!

Thanks, Siobhan.

• 2 weeks later...

Im assuming yes its up date able at a cost. I have a Yaris Hybrid 1.5 sport but no sat nav, I was thinking of having it fitted till I saw the cost. after two or three years you have to pay for each update. Ive seen somewhere recently that the camera update was now free.

Im a motorcyclist as well and have a TOM TOM 400/410 that came complete with car kit, cost aprox £410.00 but this come with maps/camera and  traffic free for life. I find it strange that  once the offer that comes with a new Toyota that you have to pay surely it should be free for live of the unit.?

I have sat in a Yaris with the satnav and find you have to look to far over when driving ? on the newer Yaris Hybrid there is a small window to the front of the  drivers window and mount my satnav there so I dont have to take my eyes to far from the road IF you need to check the map/route.

IF your getting not joy from Toyota then contact TOM TOM UK directly  https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/#default

Later Yaris use the Toyota Touch and Touch 2 systems with the sat nav modules being Go, Go+, etc, depending on which Touch system one has.

These are different to the TNS400/410.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Still not sure if the tns410 would fit straight in (i know i'd need a new facia though), it's just whether the connections at the back would be completely different or not?

For now though i think i'm going to stick to what i have (tns400), it does the job so can't see much point in changing it, it was just that i'd seen a tns410 at a very good price and it got me thinking :)

Again, thanks for replying, much appreciated!

Siobhan.