Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Antenna replacement, Corolla e12 estate

BTB72

Can anyone share experience or knowledge about how to get to the antenna foot, without damaging the inner roof and garnish? I need to change the whole antenna thing, with antenna foot and cables to the radio. The plan is to put in a dab/fm shark fin antenna.

Attempted sarcasm isn't going to encourage members to respond.

One can browse www.toyota-tech.eu where one should be able to find installation guidance for the roof aerial.

Otherwise there may be another forum which may help - try a search engine.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer! It is helpful. Sorry for the sarcasm! It's just that I have already tried three other forums, and no-one anywhere answers. I started to wonder if there is something strange about Toyota forums in general.

You tend to find if nobody knows the answer you'll never get a reply. Or most times the questions people ask others have never heard of! On my scooby forum years ago people just kept putting....no....no....no...no. That got abit annoying 

Seems there is a cable connector just below the amplifier as this picture shows, saloon model, expect  the estate is similar.

The problem is more getting the roof lining out and back again, seems it a real pain and long job.

000321.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I'm looking for info about the proper way to take down some of the ceiling. If you put the car in to a workshop, they charge a couple of hours, and guarantees a well done job. So I figure there has to be a proper way to do this without risking cracks or tares in the ceiling. It would have been nice to know how before trying. It's an estate, and I wonder if I have to strip all interior from floor and up the sides in the back, to get to the ceiling. If anyone knows about this, please share!

As Frosty said, if you go to Toyota Tech  and for a small charge, you can download the Interior Trim section on how to remove the headlining, though do not know if it shows the estate ?

There are a couple of Ytube vids on taking out the headlining as well.

However , when having to remove all those trims etc there is always a big chance of damaging the old and possibly brittle plastics, meaning you can end up with things looking a lot worse, unless you buy new replacements.

As its clear where the bases nut is located, think I would be tempted to make some careful cuts in the headlining and fit it that way, using some material to cover over your access cuts; if done neatly it should hardly be noticeable, after all whos looking up at that area of the headlining ?  You should only need a X cut of about 100mm ..

Perhaps put up a dome light or  something else  to cover things.

Thanks, oldcodger! I will check the Toyota Tech. And I also think your idea of a X cut is good. But there might be a problem with the cables...

No idea if you can slice the old and new cables, seems a very grey area but this  might give you some help.

Aerial.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links