Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard lights failure when changed wing mirror indicator bulbs

Adrian Yaris

Hi I own a 2013 Yaris 1.33. Both wing mirror indicator bulbs went within weeks of each other. The dashboard illumination on the fan control went with the right mirror, the air vent position illumination went with the left. I have changed both bulbs in the mirrors which now work fine, problem is the dashboard lights have not come back on. I have tried pulling and replacing the fuses from the fusebox under the glove compartment to no avail. Please advise thanks.

Is it something with the CanBus compatible bulb thingie here? 

Not sure. I've had Toyota's before where a dashboard light goes out as a warning that an external bulb has died, but they usually come back on when the failed bulb is replaced. I got the bulbs from Halfords, could they work only with bulbs from Toyota?

• Like 1

As long as the bulb is the correct fitting and size/power/color, there is nothing special about the bulb that the car would care about.

Does the bulb work?

I've had Toyota's before where a dashboard light goes out as a warning that an external bulb has died

Interesting system!

Yes both indicator lights work fine with the Halfords bulbs. Guess I'll have to phone the dealership. I'll post the solution if I find one.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links