Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Seal

JohnP1961

Hello, the bottom Windscreen seal (?) that runs along the bottome of my windscreen has cracked and perished. Can anyone tell me what material this is or at least, what I could use to reseal it? As far as I can see, no water appears to be leaking in to the car....yet, but who knows if it is where I can't see. I have attached a pic to show what and where the problem is...hope it explains things. The pic is of the bottom of the windscreen in the corner of the drivers side. The perished material seems to be between the windscreen glass and what I believe is called the windscreen Scuttle Panel Gutter

19693605_1457911694265246_7740546068045743751_o.jpg

I changed the part for a good one from a car in the breakers yard. See my post 

It is not really a seal, more for looks.

• Like 2

Ah, so the rubber strip is part of the Bulkhead cover and not part of the windscreen? Does this mean that any water getting past where it has perished will not end up getting anywhere it shouldn't?

I don't suppose the rubber strip can be bought by itself? I may look around and see if I can get a decent bulkhead cover from a scrappy...or even try to reseal it with silicon

3 hours ago, JohnP1961 said:

Ah, so the rubber strip is part of the Bulkhead cover and not part of the windscreen? Does this mean that any water getting past where it has perished will not end up getting anywhere it shouldn't?

I don't suppose the rubber strip can be bought by itself? I may look around and see if I can get a decent bulkhead cover from a scrappy...or even try to reseal it with silicon

Yes that is correct. There are drainage holes plus the windscreen is bonded. I was going to find a suitable rubber material and stick to the underside of the cowl cover, but found good condition cowl is the breakers yard.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links