Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Hiace 2004

JimBob1981

Hi All,

Im new to this site so hopefully im not posting this in the wrong section.

I have a 2004 Hiace Van and recently I put that liquid into the diesel tank to reduce the emission content before I brought it for a annual test. But next day when starting it, it failed to start. At the time, I put the bottle of fluid in, the level of diesel was pretty low in the tank.

After bringing it to the mechanic, the computer showed up a fault on some sensor which was replaced, now the van starts and runs maybe for 20 minutes of driving then cuts out again. And after I leave it for a little while, it starts but soon after cuts out again.

Another mechanic I had it with replaced some part in the diesel pump but the issue is still there.

I was wondering has anyone seen this before or what else the problem could be. He thinks now it could be the injectors but they are pricey so I want to be sure before I go giving him the go ahead to get a set of them.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers

Those fluids are meant to be used on a full tank of diesel I think.

I would try changing the fuel filter maybe. Is the van giving any more warning lights at all?

Hi Mick,

No theres no warning lights what so ever on the dash, the van just cuts out and leave for a few minutes and it will start but then  kind of run badly for awhile until its stopped.

It might start again but sometimes might have to be left over night and if lucky it starts again to bring it back to the mechanic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links