Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No jack but empty cover: Yaris Hybrid 2014 Icon Plus touch and go

Sofia

Should be able to order the items that Devon Aygo highlighted from either your Toyota dealer, the Official Toyota Store on eBayhttp://stores.ebay.co.uk/ToyotaOfficialStore - or possibly from a Toyota dealer's eBay store.

2 hours ago, Somos05 said:

Can someone answer a few probably daft questions please?

Space saver wheel :

1.  I've heard it's good for 15 and 16" wheels (how?!) apparently you have to buy and fit a tyre as well  ...

2.  Presumably it fits in the compartment with the tyre - so why 'space saver'?

3.  Also, does it come with a fitting to hold it in place - there's no hole in the compartment?

4.  Where can I get one?!

Thanks!

1. The rolling radius of the factory 15 & 16" wheels are very similar the 16" space saver is designed to suit both applications. The space saver wheel kit from Toyota comes pre-assembled.

2. The compartment in the boot is designed to suit a "skinny" space saver wheel.

3. The correct Toyota kit includes everything required to add a spare wheel

4. Toyota dealer, ask for part numbers 42600-09D00 fitting/tool kit & 42600-0DM51 16" space saver wheel & tyre 

5 hours ago, Somos05 said:

Can someone answer a few probably daft questions please?

2.  Presumably it fits in the compartment with the tyre - so why 'space saver'?

Because it is a lot narrower than the normal road tyre & wheel.

Thanks very much all, so yes it's a temporary thinner wheel ... fair enough.  The Toyota Spares link just goes to an eBay store that doesn't have anything I've entered (space saver wheel; fixing kit (both with the right code no's); bulb kit.

But I have emailed them, so hopefully they'll get back to me, I have now got a Toyota space saver wheel (right size!) and jack, just need the fixing kit and stuff ....

Thank you all once again - very helpful.

you can also personal message Parts-King on the forum for a quote  (he is Lindop Toyota parts department) who will probably give you a small discount (which, however, may be negated by carriage).

12 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

you can also personal message Parts-King on the forum for a quote  (he is Lindop Toyota parts department) who will probably give you a small discount (which, however, may be negated by carriage).

I tried that a few days agoand was presented with a message stating that he's not accepting messages?

2 minutes ago, mrpj said:

I tried that a few days agoand was presented with a message stating that he's not accepting messages?

Not me :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Not me :rolleyes:

You must have a doppelganger.:laugh:

Blimey, there is only ONE of me......thankfully  :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 4:07 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

These people were difficult to order from at first - but VERY helpful when emailed.

I paid £62ish for spare wheel, £42ish for fixings - pads, bolt,  'cushion' to support parcel tray and jack (it goes under front passenger seat) - easier (and cheaper) to do it like this, rather than buy individually. Now I have a huge lump of polystyrene to get rid of (that was holding compressor and plastic gunk). 

BTW would that compressor work for tyres normally (to reinflate them) or does it just work with aforesaid gunk? .... Duh, sorry another daft question ...

14 minutes ago, Somos05 said:

BTW would that compressor work for tyres normally (to reinflate them) or does it just work with aforesaid gunk? .... Duh, sorry another daft question ...

Not a daft question.

Should be able to use the compressor to just inflate tyres without the sealant.

I bought a space-saver and a jack and handle from eBay last August soon after we bough our Hybrid.  £64.99

Mick.

11 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not a daft question.

Should be able to use the compressor to just inflate tyres without the sealant.

I checked mine, Mike, and I'm sure that it wasn't suitable as a standalone compressor. i.e. it has to be used in conjunction with the gunk container.

I could well be wrong though - it wouldn't be the first time.:laugh: Must recheck.

Thinking about it - it’d be pretty useless anyway as the attachments would only be long enough to go to a wheel that was off and close to the engine - not really worth removing wheels normally to inflate them ...

Presumed the compressor is largely similar to that supplied with the Aygo.

The compressor supplied with the Aygo can be used without the sealant canister, as, after injecting the sealant into a damaged tyre, the manual states to drive approx 5km, then check the tyre pressure using the compressor.

I have the spare wheel kit. 

33 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I have the spare wheel kit. 

So do I.:smile: It was part of the "deal" when I bought the car. When the salesmsn was showing me round it, and opened the boot, it was the black polystyrene tray complete with gunk under the floor. I just said, oh, no spare, we'll have to talk about that.:biggrin:

To be honest, I've not consulted the handbook re the inflator kit, there's been no need. It, along with the black tray, has been sat in the garage since the day the car came home.

Some months ago I had a split in the sidewall of a rear tyre which no amount of gunk would have sealed. Thank goodness for that spacesaver in spite of it's limitations.

Edit to add - I've checked and the gunk container screws directly onto the compressor. The power lead from the compressor plugs into the 12v accessory socket (there's a long enough cable to reach all the tyres) and the gunk container connects to the tyre valve. This is pressurised by the compressor and the gunk enters the tyre, all of it, then air to the desired pressure. Do not remove the gunk container from the compressor then drive for 5km and with the compressor, with container still attached, check the pressure. That's how I decipher it.

So I suppose, with an empty container, it may be used as an inflator. The gunk has an expiry date anyway.

I've read that many tyre fitting establishments will refuse to carry out a puncture repair on a tyre full of gunk. There's meant to be a label with the kit too to stick on the gunk filled tyre as a warning, so my handbook advises.

Again, I could be totally wrong!

The gunk also has a use by date - which some owners aren't aware of. Some owners who have found their sealant has gone past the expiry date, have bought similar kits to this, which is a lot cheaper than buying the original sealant - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-1800330-Repair-Automobile-Dispensor/dp/B003QHY000/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1518018691&sr=8-5&keywords=tyre+repair+kit

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The gunk also has a use by date

As I already said. "The gunk has an expiry date anyway." 2016 in my case.

However, having checked properly, which I should have done in the first place, the compressor in my kit may be used as a standalone unit. Tried it yesterday evening. The pressure gauge is reasonably acurate too. It has a screw on tyre valve connector which will also screw onto the gunk bottle.

So, not for the first time, my owner's handbook is incorrect in the description and illustrations of how to use the inflator kit, it is totally different. One recent example, it specifies H11foglamps which should be H16!

I wonder what happens to the TPMS sensor if you use the gunk?  I believe Toyota charge over £100 just for the sensor  (you can get a third-party universal sensor for about £29)  so it could be an expensive way to have a flat tyre!

I have no intention whatsoever of using the gunk at all.  I also doubt that I would even personally change the tyre unless at home on the drive.

We have full AA membership.  Let them do it.  Let them fit the space saver tyre for me.  That's what we're paying them to do.

Mick.

Yep! It’s due to them (and the other ‘rescue’ services) complaining about no spare wheel, that Toyota reinstates it anyway!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links