Huge Range of Toyota Parts
    • 1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
      1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • Save Up To 15% Off For Members
      Save Up To 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

ipsgit

Injector knackered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 posts in this topic

My 2009 Avensis Tourer blew up on Thursday. I was cruising at 60mph when a warning message about the braking system appeared. The engine (2.0L D4D) cut out , smoke appeared to the rear of the car and I free wheeled onto the side of the road. After waiting 3 hours I was relayed 1/4 mile to my local Toyota garage. The garage notified me next day that the injectors had failed. 1 was cracked and the 3 other were deformed. All 4 needed replacing at a price near £1700.. As the car is still under warranty I was not too worried until the garage said that they didn't know if I was covered by the warranty. I also has 2 rear shocks that were weeping, which are not covered by the warranty until they leak. Has any member had a similar thing happen to their car? Does any member know exactly what a cracked or deformed injector is? What has caused an injector to crack or deform? Is the problem due to poor design or manufacture? I pay for warranty so I am not worried if the car goes wrong. Every time a problem has occurred, the main dealer always says, "Oh, I don't know whether that is covered  (by warranty) !  Why do they do this?

Can any member please comment?

From Ipsgit

Forgot to say, although the Tourer is 8 years old it has only covered 6o,000 miles and only long journeys by me. It has always been main dealer serviced and is still under warranty.

It can happen satly, if the car are used to short journeys and low yearly mileage.

It is a hard life for the injectors

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Although lots of short journeys can be detrimental to the DPF, EGR, etc on a diesel, I can't see why that would harm the injectors? In any case the OP says that it hasn't been used for short journeys.

The most common cause of damaged injectors on a diesel is due to being run on dirty or contaminated fuel.