Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/C is to cool.

nielshm

I'm having trouble controlling the inside temprature. A/C is on, air recycling is on, temprature is set at 23 C, but still it's absolutely freezing. I need to adjust up to 24 or 25 C before it feels comfortable. If the sun is shining, it only gets worse, cloudy and windy is easiest to control. Does other experiense the same thing? There must be a sensor in the cabin, but where is it, sine sunshine seems to make a difference? 

Why do you have the air control on recycle?? 

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Why do you have the air control on recycle?? 

I was told to do this years ago. Trick is to cool the air in the cabin, instead of taking in very hot outside air, wich could make it diffucult to cool hot air sufficient on hot days. 

So that is probably your issue - may work OK with manual air con systems, but may not with automatic systems.

Some climate control systems that I've had adjust the fresh and recirc air intake to help regulate the internal temperature. 

There are usually a couple of sensors (and this is a generalisation and not specific to your model) with one at the base of the windscreen to detect sudden increase in convected radiation (when the sun comes out) and another 'air sensing' one (typically a small thermistor) quite possibly located behind the dash. Toyotas I have had use a venturi action from the heater airbox to pull cabin air over the sensor via a tube. The sensor and the point the tube samples the air can be quite a distance from each other.

When is's cloudy, it can actually be pretty comfortable. Temprature set at 23 C, and it actually feels pretty warn inside.

But when to sky is clear and the sun comes in, it's getting cold, too cold, and I have to turn up settings to 25-26 C to get the same feeling.

It can't be right, I dont thnk anything is broken, but the sensors must be hidden in stupid places.

I think the only way you would know for sure would be to ask your dealer to see if you could try another of the same model. Like you, and based on what you describe, I suspect there probably isn't a hardware fault... it is just the way it is.  

On a related subject, preferred the Mk 1 cup-holders which were located near a fascia vent and in hot weather could keep a water bottle cool; unlike the centrally-located Mk. 2 ones