Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Icon-Tech bluetooth problem

PhilR

The bluetooth connection on my new Yaris Icon-Tech works fine with my iPhone 6 except I can hear callers in a phone call but they cannot hear me.   Very frustrating.  Any ideas?  (I have reset the connection several times - makes no difference.  I have turned up the outgoing audio to max - makes no difference.  I have tried using the phone without the personal hotspot - makes no difference.)  Annoying that it worked fine on my 6 year old model but not on the new TECH model !

• 2 months later...

Hi Phil,

Have you ever sorted your poor reception of your phone over your Yaris Icon's bluetooth? I have just brought same car and people I phone say they cannot hear me very well? I have an android LG G3 phone.

Does this car have an internal microphone, or is the system rely on the phone's microphone do you know?

It is worrying that no one from Toyota has commented on your post yet, or offered a fix?

Regards

AlfK

1 hour ago, AlfK said:

It is worrying that no one from Toyota has commented on your post yet, or offered a fix?

This is not an official Toyota site so they never will, you would need to contact them directly. There are a few helpful members here who work for Toyota franchises though.

Disclaimer at the bottom of each page:

Toyota Owners Club UK © 2017 | This Website has no association with Toyota (GB) or Toyota Motor Corporation.

One can contact Toyota via https://www.toyota.co.uk/contact-us  or  http://blog.toyota.co.uk

I must say the bluetooth phone connection in our Yaris, whilst it works, isn't very good. The reception / quality of sound both ways is poor.

The same mobiles used on a VW system are perfect.

I only seem to have an issue with people whom I call, the other way people calling me are 100% clear ..........my 2nd choice of car was a VW Polo .....doh!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links