Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mark 1 Yaris (2003) Electric Window Regulator

Madasafish

Our Mark1 2003 Yaris D4D blotted its record - again. The driver's side electric window gave a bang and stopped working.

This video on Youtube http://tinyurl.com/yamzox5g shows how to get it out - and in.. and I repaired it using the same techniques shown.

On inspection the plastic clip at the front (bottom) of the glass had broken...I had to remove it using a heat gun and careful use of a small screwdriver.

The one at the rear of the window was still attached to the regulator (a bolt) but had become detached from the glass to which it was glued. See two pictures.. 

I removed the regulator carefully marking the holes I removed bolts from..

The regulator itself had a mangled arm (similar to the YouTube video)   so I decided to replace it and bought one - it turned out to be the wrong part... see picture  The correct one is on the left. I got a full refund (Paypal/ebay) within a week.

So I mended the broken arm using a bit of steel and pop rivets .

I bought two new plastic catches from eBay  http://tinyurl.com/y7qmyzky   

And some Total Seal Window Adhesive http://tinyurl.com/ycw4839r

And glued the catches on. Set within two hours. 

Reassembled the regulator in the car , sprayed the window runners with Dry Silicon lubricant  bolted the window to the regulator.. tested it and it worked. 

Left it overnight to fully seal and it still works!

Total cost of catches and glue £15 (the steel and pop rivets were lying around)

Edit: a new (Non Toyota) regulator - without motor is c £60. With motor c £100... A Toyota one with motor is c 200 Euros.. £180 odd...  The car is worth about £1,000 tops

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

I can't believe I didn't see this post before posting mine. I've been troubled with my driver's side window for ages. I've replaced that little plastic part before, replaced the entire regulator, and now have to do it again, but got sent the wrong part. 

I have replied to your separate post.

The small plastic brackets are handed.. and  the side with the horizontal ridge just above the bolt hole must face inwards - NOT towards the outside of the car.  See photo one. The side shown has the ridge..uppermost.

The smaller plastic bracket fits to the front of the window: the larger to the rear .(both are handed with a ridge)

I fitted these parts with no issue at all. I actually found replacements on eBay for a few quid. Originally my garage replaced them, but the window popped out during the first frost, so this time I used a product we use for window repairs called Soudal Fix all which is good for 300psi pressure. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links