Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wireless headphone

Mood

Hi 

I am looking to buy wireless headphone to use with my touch 2 with go plus screen as i am using the sat navigator while i am driving.any recommdation which type of headphone i need tp buy and which is not expensive.Thank you.

So far as i am aware head unit in the car is not capable of connecting to headphone either wired or wireless 

Thank you for your reply.So there isn't any way to use the sat nav through earpiece or headphone.in these case i will use tomtom sat nav instead of the prius touch screen.if you know any name of blurooth earpiece for tomtom sat nav please provid it to me .Thank you.

Using headphones in a car while you're driving, doesn't seem safe to me & I can't understand why you would want to do that. However, I'm intrigued that that you consider the TomTom you have, could be used with headphones. Though I wouldn't do that I'd be intrigued to know if you could? 

• Like 2

From what I've seen, driving whilst using headphones could result in being charged with 'driving without due care and attention' or careless driving.

• Like 2

Actually Frosty I suspect you're right in fact I hope you are. Hardly any wonder Toyota doesn't offer headphone facilities for the driver!!

Thank you for your reply.I am looking for the wireless earpiece to listen to the sat nav to know my routes not making or receiving calls.i know it is very risky to use telephone while i am driving and it itis aginst the law.

Regardless of whether you're making/receiving calls or not, intentionally reducing your ability to hear whilst driving, and if stopped by the police, may result in being charged with either of the two offences in my last post. 

• Like 1

I think the OP means a wireless (bluetooth) over-the-ear headset rather than audio headphones.

9 hours ago, Mood said:

Thank you for your reply.I am looking for the wireless earpiece to listen to the sat nav to know my routes not making or receiving calls.i know it is very risky to use telephone while i am driving and it itis aginst the law.

Why do you need an earpiece ? the instructions come through the car Speakers and you can adjust the volume to suit.

If you have sat nav on your phone, maybe that’s a way round it and you should find it easier to connect headphones.

I am also curious as to why the spoken instructions via the built in sat nav is not sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

am also curious as to why the spoken instructions via the built in sat nav is not sufficient.

The built-in SatNav is rubbish - on my last T3 Gen 3 Prius, it was a £1,000 option, even though the screen and audio hardware were already in the car.  I'd have felt cheated if I'd paid £50 for it!  (as I bought an ex-demo, I didn't pay for it myself!).

Even on my Gen 4 Excel, I use a recent (£200) TomTom that has free for life quarterly map updates (much more up-to date than Toyota's) and free for life EU wide mobile phone (built in SIM) high density traffic data - it's almost 99% accurate and the best I've seen anywhere.  It''s so good, I even use it when going the the nearest town and it saves me a few hours a week, by either choosing the route with the least delay, or taking me the shortest way when I might have deiced to detour if I didn't have it.  And it's the only system I trust enough to let it decide when to re-route me without asking me first.

I can sort of get where Nouri may be coming fro with the Blue Tooth audio - there are times when you may have passengers dozing or listening to something else, and just just want to hear the StaNav guidance yourself.  Before built in BT phone software become more reliable, I used a single ear BT headset for phone calls, with a boom mike.  It didn't block out external sounds, but was good for keeping  hands free phone calls private.  I generally only used it when stopped, but was happy to use it when stuck in traffic to simple convey how late I might be.

Hi PeteB,

I used to use a TomTom sat nav in previous cars including my last Gen3 Prius T Spirit because like you, I found it to be superior. I hoped that my  Gen4 Prius Excel would prove to have a better sat nav but sadly after the latest free for three years updating, I'm unimpressed. If I have to pay over £100 to do so after the free period, I'll revert back to using the best TomTom I can buy because that will be better value for money supplying accurate updates, far more frequently, which will suit my purposes better than what Toyota are offering at an extortionate price. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links