Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Book Stamp

MichaelM

I have just had the first service on my Gen 4 Prius and despite leaving the service book on the passenger seat, I see that it has not been stamped.

Then I noticed the following printed at the bottom of the page "Stamp boxes are only used if Toyota Electronic Service Book is not in application in your country."

When the time comes to sell a car, I have always valued a complete service record shown by the Toyota dealer's stamps in the service book.

Does anyone know if Toyota UK has given up marking service stamps in the Service & Warranty Booklet?  If so, this does not help when selling a car outside the Toyota network.

Service books should still be stamped if available, however there is a complete record of service history on My Toyota, which any owner has access to. Printing service books and handbooks is becoming a thing of the past in this electronic age, when everyone wants to do their bit for the environment 

Kingo :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Service books should still be stamped if available, however there is a complete record of service history on My Toyota, which any owner has access to. Printing service books and handbooks is becoming a thing of the past in this electronic age, when everyone wants to do their bit for the environment 

Thanks Kingo.  The need to get my Service Book stamped probably shows my age!  Next time I pass the dealer I will get the book stamped so I have the visible record

to go with the My Toyota electronic version.

5 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Bad idea tell Mr Toyota.

Not everyone has access to electronically transmitted data. I wouldn't have a clue if my son hadn't insisted on setting me up with a second hand PC from his employer. 

Still haven't got much of a clue actually.....:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit I forgot to get mine stamped on the last service and will have it done at the next service. However whats more important is a stack of servicing receipts / invoices. Stamps in a book are worthless without these to be completely honest.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't given a service book (or any books) when I purchased my Gen4. An email to sales person fell on deaf ears.

I had to purchase a service record book seperately for the grand sum of £14. I wasn't happy about that at all MrT. It is recorded on My Toyota.

14 quid for a service book ffs???

Is that a universal policy by Toyota I wonder, or just Toyota GB joining the Rip-off-Britain club? 

I would imagine that the charge is similar across most manufacturers. Partly to deter people faking service histories.

Soon after my Gen 4 Excel was delivered, I looked at the Service Book only to find it had a tippex corrected Reg. Number,  a wrong VIN number and the wrong colour code!

I told the dealer that I wanted a completely new Service Book.   I got it a week or so later.