Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring in a dashcam

Springy

I got a bit of spare time this evening and fitted my dash cam and reverse sensors so if anyone needs any pointers just shout away 😊

CGM 

Yes, pointers would be good. I notice that access to the left-hand cluster is more restricted than the right. Did you cut into the loom near the cluster? And where did you find the entry point into the car for the sensor wires?

Right here goes I put the sensor display on top of the rear view mirror and pulled the head cloth back a little with interior removal tools and tucked the wire behind it then at the passengers side door took of the door rubber and fed wire along edge of roof cloth and replaced door rubber and at back passengers door done the same only this time run the wire all the way down till the bottom so I could feed it through the side of the rear seat into the boot I found this the handiest way to do it rather than take it down and along the floor carpet but which ever is the handiest for yourself. 

I feed the sensor wires through a vent on passenger side of which bring them into the boot floor behind the carpet sides also there is 2 rubber grommets on passenger side which you could also use .

As for getting the power for the unit as the reverse light is on the boot lid itself there is a wiring loom coming down beside passengers side boot hinge which the protective sleeving can be easy opened and you need a small red wire but be careful as there is two small red wires in this loom just use a fase tester to make sure you are tapping into the fight one .

I hopes this helps people out if anyone needs to know anything else or how I put my camera in just shout away only too happy to help .

CGM 

• Like 1

Reversing sensor fitted, Dashcam later when I have the hardwire kit.  Thought you might like to see where I installed the display. I figured that display or not, I would always either be looking back or throught the rear-view mirror, so the obvious place to put it was in the back. OK, if you want to read the numbers some look odd upside-down, but 1, 0, 3, 5 don't look wrong upside down and reversed. I'd be going for the beeps and leds anyway. Saves running the wire from the boot to the dash, and looks cool.

Thanks for all the help guys,

Neil.

20170722_190332.jpg

20170722_190718.jpg

Good idea and looks well but one downside I can see what happens if someone sits in the middle seat in the back ?? Sorry springy had to say it !!!!

I have no intention of carrying a member of the Harlem Globetrotters in the back of my car!  TBH I may remove the display and put it in the boot, it's superfluous as the beeps give enough indication.

Ok, I am prepared to admit to being thick. I pulled off what I thought was going to be the fuse cover from the rhs of the vehicle, expecting to see a pile of fuses, as per loads of Google images, but instead I found this. I have the hardwire kit to go with the Dashcam so I'm looking for a fuse to plug it into. Is this where I should be looking?

20170727_193419.jpg

Hi Springy, mines behind the glove box and another under the bonnet but I have a different car to yours though. Your photo is what's called an ICU, that's a computer, a brain of the car if you like. Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links