Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping wheels on auris

Willss

Quick query......

I have 2x 2014 auris hatchbacks.  Both have identical wheels on them (size, alloys identical etc etc but different amounts of tread on the tyres)!  Is there anything to stop me from swapping a couple of wheels from one to the other or will the tyre pressure  sensors get messed up by this? 

Thanks.

You have two Auris hatchbacks and an Auris Touring (Sports)? Do you need to amend your profile.

The tyre pressure sensors are coded to the car so swapping them would set the TPMS light on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The tyre pressure sensors are coded to the car so swapping them would set the TPMS light on

That's what I wondered.  Thanks.  

Was thinking of swapping a nearly new tyre (possibly 2) onto the one I'm keeping (other one is being sold) but won't bother, the cost of getting the tyres or valves swapped over would negate the slightly longer life on the better tyre, could have swapped wheels myself.  

Thanks for your reply.

Is it not possible to code 2 sets to the car & have it switch between? I would have thought that an useful feature for Europe where it is mandatory to switch to Winters & many people have 2 sets of wheels.

If not, I know that for an MOT a TPMS system, if fitted, must be working but other than havng the TPMS light on all the time does this cause any issues (my current car is too old to have TPMS but the next one will & I have 2 sets of wheels & tyres)?

I have two sets of wheels winter and summer bought four new sensors for new set wheels but I know that code is required for each car if you take them to Keillor fit they can reset them in five mins on the car they done my four for £10