Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car vibrating while accelerating through 60 mph

john72

I have been feeling a shaking in the car when  accelerating through 60mph.  If then travelling above 60mph and l stop accelerating so coasting the juddering stops. I don,t notice anything below 60 mph even when accelerating hard. I have had someone check the car over but cannot find anything obvious and is reluctant to just change parts in the hope they will sort it. I am not very mechanical minded so any clues to what could be the problem would be great. Someone told me it could be tyre related but they check out ok, someone also mentioned it could be a DMF ( dual mass flywheel ) issue but I am not hearing anything strange in the car.

Petrol or diesel??

my first thought would be wheel balance.

I've had the wheels checked at my local tyre depot. I can travel at 70 mph on a motorway with no juddering until I start accelerating again. The juddering is not felt on the steering wheel

auto or manual transmission? How many miles on it?

It's a manual gearbox with just under 90k miles

I had a problem with juddering intermittently. I gave the erg valve a clean and it seems ok now (touch wood).

• Hi, I know you said the local tyre shop said the tyres are ok but because it's free to do i'd swop the 2 front wheels/tyres and put them on the back and of course put the 2 rears on the front then of course drive the car and see if the vibration has changed at all, things like if the steering was shaking/vibrating a little before the swop over and of course see what it's like afterwards, another possibility is if you can feel the vibration through the drivers seat before and after the wheel/tyre swop over, easy job to do and will help a lot with eliminating the possible fault, good luck, Mike. 
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links