Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi guys (1998 avensis 2.0)

PaulRush

Hi guys Paul here from Armagh/down , Northern Ireland . I have my avensis maybe 2 months now. Fantastic car , with a brilliant past and very genuine. They are a very undervalued and overlooked car especially in today's throw away style world. They are so simple and reliable , they really do serve a owner so well and honestly. I have been on here before , I've owned a starlet & a corolla gt coupe twincam in the past. My father had a 2003 avensis from new until last year and a carina e both of which served him and us as a family valiantly. 

Anyways less waffling , my car is a 1998 avensis 2.0 petrol 4 door saloon linea sol. Very happy with it. The car cost me £630 and I will use this site for tips and tricks for self maintenance. I would love to in time do a restoration on the car , mainly because the car simply deserves it. Being now over 19 year old and still ready to serve its owner everyday. And i would hate to simply let another great Toyota die when it could live on . 

Thanks guys , I will get the original alloys back for the car.

My only questions at the minute guys and hopefully someone can help is does anyone know the trim level of my car? I thought it is the gls? I'm not sure as I haven't seen anything on the car or documents

Also are the indicators ment to flash when locking / unlocking with the remote key (which works perfectly I know they can be tricky)

Thanks guys 

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

Edited by PaulRush
Including where I was from

Hello Paul - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

• Like 1

Hello Paul.

A very nice car,I had one like ur's for 13 years ,silver also. which the wife drove, Turbo diesel tho and totally trouble free. And also an 01 d4d of same type that I drove. My TD was simply the best car I ever owned, never spent anything on it, till my last year owning it.  the d4d was not just as good tho but still a good car. Ur's is an import model, looks like a GLS to me, I think if u look closely at the we Badge under rear tail light on driver side to the right of the avensis badge the letters gs or gls will be visible. The indicators do flash when locking r unlocking the car. I still love the diesel rattle personally - to a petrol car, but still great cars. The best that Toyota ever made in my opinion and a lovely looking motor. Best of luck with it. ( I,d ask any questions I had in the avensis forum u'll get more response's there)

• Like 1

Hi , my indicators don't flash when locking unlocking is there anyway to diagnose this or fix? All there is is a small sunbadge saying linea sol ? Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links