Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

07 2.0 petrol T25 estate brake pedal travel

Knorton

Hi everyone I have just joined. And have a query two months ago I bought a used 07 plate T25 Avensis estate. From a well known main dealer, during the test drive I noticed when stopping, when it got to a very low speed it pulled to the left, this was noted and when I picked it up new front discs and pads had been fitted and all was fine (this may have a bearing on the present problem). When at a standstill (engine off) press the pedal it go's down a (what I would call a normal distance) and go's solid as it should. But when the engine is running press the pedal and it go's down, go's solid then will creep right to the floor? also it does not pump up as you would expect with air in the system, when moving the car will stop OK and even does an E stop OK. Is this an Avensis thing (compared to my Polo it is quite alarming) or do I throw it back to the dealer! I cant say I noticed how the pedal performed on the test drive

it's an Avensis thing to do with how the system is powered. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

it's an Avensis thing to do with how the system is powered. 

That is fantastic thank you.

I thought it must be as the pedal is fine without the engine running, The car is an 07 2.0 T-Spirit with all the spec. It came via Caffyns used cars in Ashford Kent From Caffyns Toyota Eastbourne, 70,000 miles with history 4 owners and was MOT'd the day I picked it up, that is the reason I asked here because it passed the brake test.

Next step a tow bar & electrics and a trailer for the Norton (When I get it)

Thanks again for the help &  no B/S answer greatly appreciated.

Kev.

No probs.

Personally, I didn't find the Avensis T25 (I had a 2007 2.2 d4d estate) standard brakes confidence inspiring although they did ultimately stop the car.

I remedied this by replacing with MTEC discs & Ferodo Premier pads when they needed it. I realise that you have just had new parts fitted so it wouldn't be due for some time but even the pad upgrade would probably result in slightly improved stopping & improved feedback/feel.

Also, the standard headlights aren't great but you can improve those with upgraded bulbs from the oem - imo Philips Xtreme Vision & Osram Nightbreaker series tend to be best.

Thanks Scott all good info. The replaced discs and pads appear to be Brembo items so will see, The only gripe is that when I picked it up they didn't tell me that pads/discs had been replaced so I didn't know I was running in new stuff! so hopefully braking will improve mileage increases (only done a couple of hundred since getting it)

Kev.

3 hours ago, Knorton said:

The replaced discs and pads appear to be Brembo items so will see,

Interesting, I don't remember the oem being Brembo ...

I think they got them from Euro car parts! as when looking into the cost of spares I saw them as an option. Caffyns Ashford are Skoda/Vauxhall dealers. Saying that the load bed cover/dog guard was missing and was replaced with a new Toyota item, I bet that wasn't cheap even for trade.

Kev

1 hour ago, Knorton said:

I think they got them from Euro car parts! as when looking into the cost of spares I saw them as an option. Caffyns Ashford are Skoda/Vauxhall dealers. Saying that the load bed cover/dog guard was missing and was replaced with a new Toyota item, I bet that wasn't cheap even for trade.

Kev

I hope you got all the manuals/handbook - CD/Nav and service books, two black remote master keys, plus one grey valet key, and most importantly, the nav DVD! Without the nav DVD, the radio/CD/nav unit will not function after a Battery disconnection. THE DVD reloads the radio unit during boot-up. 

Two keys only, not the grey one no DVD from what I can see I have the older sat nav cant see any mention of the re boot DVD in the instructions. will remember that when it comes to servicing. would a saver gadjet work with this?

Kev

I have all the books inc the nav manual, but I cant find any reboot info in it or which version of nav system I have, where can I find this? is it on the unit under the passenger seat?

Kev.

what does it say on the head unit (normally bottom right)? Or you could post a pic of what you have.

Usually in a car of that age it would be a TNS700/B9010 but the TSpirit may have had something different. If it is a TNS700/B9010 the lower disc slot behind the screen is the one for the nav disc.

The unit under the passenger seat may just be a CD multichanger?

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:14 PM, Heidfirst said:

what does it say on the head unit (normally bottom right)? Or you could post a pic of what you have.

Usually in a car of that age it would be a TNS700/B9010 but the TSpirit may have had something different. If it is a TNS700/B9010 the lower disc slot behind the screen is the one for the nav disc.

The unit under the passenger seat may just be a CD multichanger?

Sorry for the delay here are some pics of the unit.

The nav unit instructions say the dvd unit is under the passenger seat.

And the reason for the delay!

toyo 001.JPG

toyo 002.JPG

toyo 003.JPG

Norton1 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Knorton
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Knorton said:

Sorry for the delay here are some pics of the unit.

The nav unit instructions say the dvd unit is under the passenger seat.

And the reason for the delay!

toyo 001.JPG

toyo 002.JPG

toyo 003.JPG

Norton1 - Copy.jpg

Nice Norton. Great excuse. It looks like you have everything. The Valet key is not essential, just the two main remote key are important. The Sat-nav unit under the seat probably has the DVD in it. There may be later DVD's, but the cost is silly unless you by secondhand. Your main unit is multi-disc CD changer with MP3/WMA so you can have all the music you need. I have my music on memory sticks and added a Bluetooth/SD (micro)/USB adapter via the CD changer port on the rear of my CD/radio (Mk3 Avensis TR). 
Your car is a rare spec being the petrol T-Spirit. You avoided the AD diesel and only need to worry about oil and filter changes. The engine is direct injection, so keep an eye on how it runs. Good engine for what you will be using it for. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links