Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 06' 2l D-4D is there a DPF?

WherE mE weeD

Hi club,

Does my Avensis have a DPF?

Would anyone have any recommendations for a suitable oil for my 2l D-4D engine and any additives in fuel or oil?

Cheers guys.

Hi Ross, Welcome to TOC :smile:

It's extremely unlikely that your car has a DPF (afaik there were a very few 2.0 D-CATs - I assume that your car has a 1AD engine - came to the UK at one point).

As for the oil, what does the manual say? Iirc I used to run my 2.2 T25 on Shell (other brands are available) 5w30 A5/B5.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Hi Ross, Welcome to TOC :smile:

It's extremely unlikely that your car has a DPF (afaik there were a very few 2.0 D-CATs - I assume that your car has a 1AD engine - came to the UK at one point).

As for the oil, what does the manual say? Iirc I used to run my 2.2 T25 on Shell (other brands are available) 5w30 A5/B5.

Hi Heidfirst

cheers for the welcome,

My engine is the 1CD-FTV earlier version but apparently more reliable although less power. I would be happier without the DPF even with the long miles i do on a daily :)

I will scavenge out the manual now, would you recommend them oil brands for the 1CD-FTV?

Cheers again for replying :)

I've the same engine 116bhp.no dpf in that.you can remap/tuning box it for a bit more power. Your best bet for oil would be toyota's own oil 5/30 semi.I get free oil with the service kit here in northern Ireland don't know if other dealers do the same offer.

• Like 1

Hi Frank nice one I have been asking around about the remap/tuning. Would you recommend on it? what did it push your bhp too?

I wonder if I could qualify for the free oil i'm also from Northern Ireland not to worried about buying it myself but free stuff is always good lol

So from scanning the forum my problem sounds like the bearings are away in the air compressor clutch. This can be reconditioned but its apparently big money, another option is to put a smaller belt on that bypasses the A/C compressor. 5pk1113 this is the belt.

I don't mind bypassing the A/C compressor as it sounds like it could happen again down the line my only issue is will there be other faults from taking out the A/C compressor?

buying a belt now lol

6 hours ago, WherE mE weeD said:

Hi Frank nice one I have been asking around about the remap/tuning. Would you recommend on it? what did it push your bhp too?

I wonder if I could qualify for the free oil i'm also from Northern Ireland not to worried about buying it myself but free stuff is always good lol

Its only free when you buy a service kit with it from Charles Hurst Toyota. Plus you need an extra 1ltr you only get 5ltr free .There's a tuning box from dtuk that's good and brings it up to around 136-138bhp or 150bhp for remap.there's a place in Ballymena does it.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:18 PM, WherE mE weeD said:

Hi club,

Does my Avensis have a DPF?

Would anyone have any recommendations for a suitable oil for my 2l D-4D engine and any additives in fuel or oil?

Cheers guys.

I use either 150ml-200ml (you need to find your right dosage) of 2 stroke mineral oil or use millers diesel ecomax.

• Like 1