Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop light switch part

Rogerrr

Hy everybody and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I recently installed a cruise control on my Toyota Prius 2006 and discovered that is not so easy as they say. First after installing it I notice that the cruise control won't work and the cruise light in the dashboard is keep flashing. After some digging I found out that I need to replace the stop light switch with a different one to allow the cruise control to function. Now I went to the Toyota dealer hoping they will give me a part number for the correct light switch but for my surprise ( not really ) the !Removed! asked me to pay 50£ only for the part number with I refused. My question to you all is does anyone else have fitted a cruise control in a Prius 2006 and can help me with the part number for the brake light switch ? 

Many thanks

Moved to the Prius club.

• Like 1

I can see why a dealer may refuse to provide part numbers - probably won't buy the part from them, so nothing in it for them apart from costing time and money.

As it happens, I had it done (by my dealer) on a 2006 Prius T3 10 years ago.  These are all the parts they used:

COVER STEERING    T45186-47010-C0
SCREW, STRG WHE    T45188-60010
SWITCH,B/LIGHT    T84340-47020
SWITCHA/DRIVE    T84632-34011
SWITCH/CONTROL    T84633-48020
SCREW    T90159-50199

From the 2009 Gen 4 Prius onwards the brake switch didn't need to be replaced.

I also had it done by the same dealer on 2 Gen 1 Prius and my last Gen 3 T3.

• Like 1

I meant 2009 Gen 3 ...  [don't like not being able to edit any more, except in first few minutes]

On 21 July 2017 at 10:03 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

I can see why a dealer may refuse to provide part numbers - probably won't buy the part from them, so nothing in it for them apart from costing time and money.

Clearly customer service isn't a given then...

They probably don't supply part numbers so they are not liable if customer then buys the part, fits it and messes up.  If you know the part number and just buy it and don't tell MrT what you are going to do with it, it isn't a problem.

Good customer service should be given to customers who support the dealership with their business.

Not to those who want to use them to get information to allow them to purchase parts elsewhere and do there own DIY work.

Too many people want something for nothing nowadays!

On 25 July 2017 at 4:37 PM, steverally said:

Good customer service should be given to customers who support the dealership with their business.

Not to those who want to use them to get information to allow them to purchase parts elsewhere and do there own DIY work.

Too many people want something for nothing nowadays!

Oh, someone who expects something for everything. Keep your customers happy and they'll return when they need / want to buy a new car etc. Then again if the dealer was competitively priced on their parts......