Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digital Display problem in my 2002 D4D

aguiloco

Hi, I'm new here, sorry to skip the presentations but I have an urgent problem to solve and maybe someone can help me. I have a 2002 Yaris, the first generation with the facelift. Working great I parked it at night and in the morning the digital dashboard doesn't show the RPM and speed. I checked all fuses in the engine and the interior and non are blown, tested the signal with an OBD2 and it can read the RPM and speed.

¿Could be that the display broke during the night?

I'm due to pass MOT and it is my daily driver, can't pass with the dash like that and just now police is in a campaing to check vehicles...

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

_20170723_113403.JPG

Hi, I'm new here, sorry to skip the presentations but I have an urgent problem to solve and maybe someone can help me. I have a 2002 Yaris, the first generation with the facelift. Working great I parked it at night and in the morning the digital dashboard doesn't show the RPM and speed. I checked all fuses in the engine and the interior and non are blown, tested the signal with an OBD2 and it can read the RPM and speed.

¿Could be that the display broke during the night?

I'm due to pass MOT and it is my daily driver, can't pass with the dash like that and just now police is in a campaing to check vehicles...

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

_20170723_113403.thumb.JPG.f7da9160ff529c64d9981e8a4d16ac2d.JPG

Have you tried disconnecting the Battery for half an hour?

If the obd doesn’t show the data then it doesn’t look like it’s the dash, more like the ecu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony, OBD2 DOES show the data, seems like is not an ECU problem.

Mike, I already try that, some speedo sensors problems and generic questions but nothing like my problem.

I tried to reset the display removing the fuse but still doesn't work...

Anthony, OBD2 DOES show the data, seems like is not an ECU problem.

Mike, I already try that, some speedo sensors problems and generic questions but nothing like my problem.

I tried to reset the display removing the fuse but still doesn't work...

I am sorry, I misread your original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's best to get an old speedo/instrument. If you look at E### its very cheap. Better than messing around with the car. You have done the basic things and I don't think you can do anymore apart from getting another display.

I wanted to avoid disassembling the dashboard but seems like I will have to, I found one cheap online as you said, I'll order it tomorrow if the dash doesn't fix by itself going to work.

Thanks